Monday, July 16, 2007

The Life of Orphans - Chapter 32

Zax's room,

Zax was dressing himself while humming a tune,

Zax: Hmm... Rainie... she's so cute when she smiles.

At school, the three of them (Tony, Sam and Jason) are off to work leaving Cyndi
alone in her room.

Cyndi: What can I do today? They should have some programmes at school
during the holidays. Oh yeah, I remember there is the volleyball team practice
today although I don't really know much about volleyball but it's better than
doing nothing.

Cyndi headed to the volleyball court and saw someone she never thought she would meet.

Cyndi: Zax? What are you doing here?

Zax: Can't I be here?

Cyndi: I'm asking what are you doing here not why are you here, Dumbo!

Zax: Same as you.

Cyndi: You never change.

Cyndi noticed that throughout the practice, Zax and Rainie was smiling at each
other every ten minutes.


Cyndi: Oye! New target?

Zax: what are you talking about?

Cyndi: Don't lie; it's only you and me here.

Zax: So?

Cyndi: Good taste. She's pretty.

Zax: Of course, I always have good taste.

Cyndi: (pretend to puke) You? Good taste? Hah!

Zax: Maybe when I asked you to be my "girlfriend", I was too desperate.


Cyndi: What do you mean?

Zax: Nothing. (Looking innocent)
Cyndi: Wait! Since you found your new target, can I quit being your girlfriend?

Zax: Not yet.

Cyndi: Why aren't you letting me go?

Zax: Just be more patience just for a little longer.

Cyndi: How long? It's take ages for you to chase her, and maybe you might fail.
=P

Zax: We'll see.

Cyndi: Fine. We'll see.

After the practice,

Rainie: I didn't know that you really mean to show up.

Zax: I promised you right?

Rainie: I didn't really take that as a promise. By the way, who your friend?

Zax: Oh, this is Cyndi.

Rainie: Hi, i'm Rainie Yang.

Cyndi: Cyndi Wang. Nice to meet you.

Rainie: Cyndi Wang? You are top of your whole form, right?

Cyndi: Umm... Ye... Yeah.

Rainie: The whole school is talking about you. Your results were a great surprise.

Cyndi: Really?

Zax: (trying to get Rainie's attention back to him) Rainie, where are you going later?

Rainie: Umm... Nowhere.

Zax: Had breakfast?

Rainie: Had a light one but I’m now a little hungry after the practice.

Zax: Me too. Do you mind having it together?

Rainie: Sure. Cyndi, want to join us?

Cyndi: Umm... I have eaten. You two go ahead.

Zax: Ok, then. See you.

They went off.

Cyndi: Looks like I’m alone again. I'll go visit the others at work.

At Zax's side,

Zax: so you really like volleyball?

Rainie: Yup, I love it. Do you play?

Zax: Volleyball? Not really, I play basketball.

Rainie: Oh, basketball is nice too.

Zax: What else do you like?

Rainie: You mean hobbies?

Zax: Uh.. yes.

Rainie: I don't really have any other except volleyball.

Zax: Oh, ok. You are training for a tournament right?

Rainie: Yes. It's day after tomorrow.

Zax: I'll be cheering for you.

Rainie: Thanks. (smiled)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!