Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Life of Orphans - Chapter 34

On the volleyball tournament day,

Zax: I know you'll win.

Rainie: I sure hope so.

Zax: You will after all the hard work you did the past few days.

Rainie: Well, I guess so. Wish me luck.

Zax: Good luck.

After the tournament,

Zax: Haha. See I told you so.

Rainie: (smiles) I guess so.

Zax: Can I have a look?

Rainie: Sure (hand over the trophy)

Zax: (instead of the trophy, Zax grabbed her hand) There's something I always
wanted to say.

Rainie: Uh?

Zax: From the first day I met you, I think I have fallen for you.

Rainie: (stunned for words)

Zax: So, could you spare me a chance?

Rainie: I... I... don't know.

Zax: Is that a yes or a no?

Rainie: Umm....

The tournament was over and all the spectators have gone, Rainie's teammates went to the nearby restaurant to celebrate.

Zax: There's no one here. You don't have to be shy.

Rainie: I... (Nodded)

Zax: You nodded? Is that a yes?

Rainie: (nod again)

Zax: Another nod that means yes! Yes!

Rainie: Shh... Not so loud.

Zax: Who cares, there's no one here.

Rainie: Umm... Can I say something?

Zax: Huh? Anything.

Rainie: I'm kind of hungry right now.

Zax: Oh. I'm sorry. Are you going to eat with your friends?

Rainie: They can do without me.

Zax: Ok. I know there's a restaurant with good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!