Monday, January 21, 2008

The Life of Orphans - Chapter 37

Sam walks towards Cyndi's room,

Sam: (clench his fist) Should I knock? What should I say when I see her? Maybe I should just knock first.

Just as he was going to knock, Cyndi opened the door. Sam fist almost knocked
Cyndi's forehead.

Cyndi: (dodge from Sam's fist) You're looking for me?

Sam: Yes. Busy?

Cyndi: Not really. Want to come in?

Sam: Ok.

Cyndi: So, what is that you want to say?

Sam: I... I... Umm... You and Zax....

Cyndi: Are just friends.

Sam: So, the two of you are not together at all?

Cyndi: No. We will remain friends. Now and forever.

Sam: Oh, I see.

Cyndi: Anything else?

Sam: [Why can't I just say it out? I like you!]

Cyndi: Anything else?

Sam Yes!

Cyndi: (waiting for him)

Sam: Umm.... There's something I want tell you all along. I ... I ... I LIKE YOU!

Cyndi: [Really? He likes me too? ]

Sam: So, do I have this chance?

Cyndi: (kissed him on the cheek)

Sam: (stunned)

After a few seconds,

Sam: Can I take that as a yes?

Cyndi: What do you think?

Sam: Can we not tell them?

Cyndi: Not again?

Sam: Let's just them find out themselves.

Cyndi: Do we have to hide when we see them like what Zax and I did the last time?

Sam: Come on. I won't say anything to them after I get back as if I failed. Let's
just fool around with them.

Cyndi: Ok. [Sigh, I can't believe I’m doing this again.]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zax: Ouch! Can't you be a little gentler?

Tony: That's serves you right, hiding such an important thing behind our backs.

Zax: I didn't really mean to.

Tony: Then? We known each other since we were kids and we grew up together.
Is there anything that we can't share?

Zax: it's not that. I don't even know why I want to hide it.

Tony: Weird.

Zax: I admit that. Ouch!

Tony: Can't you just bear with it a little? What kind of guy are you?

Zax: Why don't you try it? Sam punches with great force, especially when he is angry. Trust me, I have experienced that twelve years ago.

Tony: Because of that stupid frog trick?

Zax: you knew that very well and yet you still ask!

Tony: hehe.

Zax: You were part of that fight too!

Tony: Can't believe you still remember that.

Zax: that's how we know each other.

Tony: Yup.

Zax: I sure miss those days.

Tony: me too. There seem no worries back then. (Looking at the photo they once
Took in the orphanage)

Just then they heard Sam's room door opened and close.

Tony: he's back.

Sax: Do you think he has succeeded?

Tony: I think so. Let's go ask him.

Zax: What if he didn't? I don't want to get another punch from him.

Tony: I think that possibility is low. Let's go.

Zax: Ok.

They knocked Sam's door,

Sam: It's not lock. Come in. (trying hard to keep a straight face)

Tony: So?

Sam: What?

Tony: How did it go?

Sam: How did what go?

Zax: You and Cyndi?!

Sam: Oh, that. (Looking down)

Tony: (nudge Zax and whispers) What do you think that means?

Zax: (whispers back) I think it's an F.

Tony: (still whispering) I thought so too.

Sam: What is that whispering about?

Zax: Nothing. It's ok. There are plenty of chances later.

Sam: I hope so.

Tony: We will not bother you now.

Zax: We'll get going.

After they left.

Sam: (peeking from the window and started smiling) This is going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!