Wednesday, December 12, 2012

1. Harry Potter (Panda's version) -Featuring Janet Hayden - Chapter 31



“Dear Janet,
     Happy Halloween! This is one of the biggest celebrations in Hogwarts. There will be a Halloween Feast to enjoy later; I’ve always looked forward to those during my Hogwarts days.
     Everything back home is great. Tell you some good news, we saw Anna the other day and she asked about you so I think she has forgiven you for not going to Queen Anne’s. We shall go visit her when you’re back for Christmas, I am sure the both of you are still best friends.
P.S: Have you checked your mom’s notebook about the spell that could the change the colour of clothes? The spell is multicorfors but I remember your mom could mix 2 colours at once but I don’t remember how she does it. Check your mom’s notebook, she have some really good guides for your reference.
Love
Mom and Dad”
     Janet put her letter down on her bed and reached for her trunk, she could not believe that she actually forgot about her mother’s notebook. The notebook that she has been flipping enthusiastically before she started in Hogwarts was kept untouched in the side compartment of her trunk since she started school. She pulled out the notebook and flipped through the pages filled with her mother’s neat handwriting. The notes now made more sense to her after 2 months of classes. Janet browse through lists of spells, her eyes lingered at the word “Adlevo”, the featherweight charm that will reduce the weight of an object. She glanced at the stack of textbooks beside her bed, carrying those around to class has always been tiring. Plus, those books are not feather weight. She picks up her “The Standard Book of Spells Grade 1” on top of the stack, weighs it on her hand and points her wand at it, “Adlevo,” she whispered. Instantly, she felt the weight of the book and reducing from its initial weight until it weighs the same as her pillow. Feeling excited, Janet leaves the book on her bedside cabinet, picks up the rest of her textbooks and practices the spell on them.
     “What are you doing?” Lisa pokes her head over towards Janet’s four posters.
     “I am testing out this new charm,” Janet points to the pile of textbooks scattered on her bed.
     “Ooh, what charm is that?” Lisa asked excitedly.
     “It reduces the weight of an object. I am testing it on my books to make them lighter so that they will be easier to carry around,” Janet explained enthusiastically. It was her first time trying a spell that was not taught by the teachers. “Do you want to try? You can make your books lighter too!”
     “I think I will try it after class. We are having Transfiguration at 9 o’clock, you’d better get ready,” Lisa replied while packing her with her books and quills.
     “Well, after I made everything light enough, I could just bring everything around without having to pack and unpack before classes,” Janet said while tossing all her books into her bag.
     “I wouldn’t have done that if I were you. Don’t you reckon that the weight of books gives you assurance?” Lisa advised. “Are you ready?”
     “Yes, I have everything in the bag.” Janet answered proudly.


     In the Transfiguration classroom, Lisa and Janet settled down on their desk. Lisa took out her Standard Book of Spells Grade 1 and Janet opened her bag to follow suite, only to realise that her book was not in her bag!

     “Oh no!” Janet flips her books around in her bag trying to locate her Standard Book of Spells Grade 1.

     “What?” Lisa asked without looking up, she was reading about the Levitation Spell they had learnt during Charms yesterday.

     “I think I left my book in the dormitory,” Janet moaned helplessly.

     “I thought you packed all your books into your bag?” Lisa asked, remembering that Janet was stuffing all her books into her bag before they came to class.
     “I know, but it’s not here,” Janet poured out all her books to check if she missed it when they were in her bag.
     “I told you it wasn’t a good idea to change the weight of all your books. You will not realise if you don’t have them,” Lisa said in an I-told-you-so tone.
     A vision of a Standard Book of Spells Grade 1 lying on her bedside cabinet appeared in Janet’s mind, “Oh no, I left it on my bedside cabinet. I need to go back and get it. Professor McGonagall does not like it if we come to class unprepared, what more without the textbook?”
     “But class is starting soon, if you were to go now, you will not be able to make it in time. You will be late for class.” Lisa reminded Janet.
     “I will try to run as fast as I can,” Janet rushes out of the classroom.
     “What’s the matter?” Su asked from behind Lisa.
     “She forgot her book and went back to get it,” Lisa explained.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!