Thursday, August 16, 2012

1. Harry Potter (Panda's version) - Featuring Janet Hayden - Chapter 22



     Janet work up early the next morning on her four poster bed. “This is official,” she thought, “My magical journey begins today,” she laughs at her own thoughts. She lies back down on her four poster bed covered in sky blue silk eiderdowns and listens to the morning wind whistling around the windows. As she was absorbing the morning, preparing herself to embrace her first day in school, Alpha flew in from the window and landed on her knee. Janet sat up and saw a note tied on his leg. She untied it and straight away recognized her father’s scribbles.
     “Dear Janet,
      Hope you have enjoyed the Welcome Feast. Congratulations on your sorting to Ravenclaw, your mother’s old house. We are very proud of you. Alpha seems to be quite keen on travelling, just write back to us about anything, we would love to know how you are doing at Hogwarts. It’s your first day of classes, all the best!
Love
Mom and Dad
     Janet smiled to herself and pulls out a piece of parchment from her bag and scribbled.
     “Hi mom and dad,
      I met a few friends on the train, Hannah and Justin but they were all in the same house as Ernie, Hufflepuff. I was quite disappointed at first when I was not sorted into Hufflepuff but I am fine with it now. I met a new friend here, her name is Lisa Turpin. I hope we will be good friends.
      I really missed home but I think I will do fine.
Love
Janet
     “Would you like to fly back now?” Janet asks Alpha softly and Alpha hoots back. She smoothed Alpha’s ruffled feathers, “I think you better eat something first,” Janet changed into her uniform getting ready to go down for breakfast.
     “You were early,” Lisa said sleepily from her bed.
     “Did I wake you?” Janet asked.
     “It’s ok. I should be up anyway.” Lisa sits up and pulls her uniform.

     At the Great Hall,
     “Wow, they sure have everything here!” Janet said excitedly.
     “Yeah, my brother said, you will never go hungry here,” Lisa said.
     “Your brother is here too? Which house is he in?”
     “He was a Ravenclaw too, graduated last summer. He is currently a Healer in training at St. Mungo’s,” Lisa explained.
     “A Healer is a doctor, right? What is St. Mungo’s?” Janet asked.
     “It is a hospital. Are you a muggle born?” Lisa asked.
     “Not really. I was out of the country for quite a while,” Janet answered nervously.
     “Oh,” Lisa nodded. “St Mungo’s is a hospital that heals magical injuries here in London. My brother is a practicing Healer there, he will be a real Healer in two years’ time.
     “Wow! Your parents must be proud.” Janet said while pouring ketchup on her sausages.
     Lisa’s smile faded, her attention switch from Janet back to the toasts on her plate.
     Janet realized the sudden change and quickly asks, “Did I say something wrong? I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean it.”
     “No, you did not say anything wrong. Just, I have never seen my parents.” Lisa explained with a sigh.
     “Oh,” Janet kept quiet after that, she is not very good at comforting people.
     Lisa sensed Janet’s guilt, she smiled, “My parents disappeared 11 years ago. Many said they were killed by You-Know-Who but nobody found their bodies so we believe that there is still hope that I will see them again.”
     “I believe that you will see them too,” Janet added with encouragement.
     “Good morning, girls.”
     Janet and Lisa looked up, a short boy with brown hair climbed up to the table, “You two were pretty early. I’m Terry Boot, really proud to be in Ravenclaw.”
     Janet was not paying attention as she sees Alpha off with her letter after he is done eating.
     “Lisa Turpin. She is Janet Hayden.” Lisa answered.
     “I am so excited to go to our first class. I guess we will all perform well in classes as we are Ravenclaws.” Terry express proudly while pouring milk into hos bowl of cereal. “I sure hope we could win the House Championship this year. I heard that Slytherin has won a few years in a row. They say Gryffindor might stand a chance but I think they there are too overrated with their bravery what sort and now that they have Harry Potter, they will be as arrogant as ever.” He continued before eating his cereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!