Tuesday, August 21, 2012

1. Harry Potter (Panda's version) - Featuring Janet Hayden - Chapter 23



     Lisa and Janet exchanged blank looks not knowing what to answer, they were saved by a bunch of Ravenclaws, including the girls who shared a dormitory with them came down and joined them for breakfast.
     “Hi, I’m Padma. My twin sister is in Gryffindor, too bad we could not be in the same house. We used to do everything together, I guess now is the time for us to live without constantly having each other by our side.” A girl with long black hair tied into a pony tail, introduced herself to Lisa, Janet and Terry and sat next to Lisa.
     “Your sister is in Gryffindor?” A blonde girl chirped before anyone could reply Padma. The blonde girl sat beside Padma and helped herself with some cereal, “I thought I was going to be in Gryffindor too, since the popular ones will usually be in Gryffindor but I guess my brains beat me and the Sorting Hat sorted me into Ravenclaw. Not that I am not happy with that, don’t get me wrong,” the blonde girl quickly denies her dissatisfaction for not being in Gryffindor after catching Terry rolling his eyes. “I am very proud to be here, it just proves that I have brains and beauty.”
     As the blonde girl continued talking, everyone else ignored her and concentrated on their breakfast. Terry nudged Janet and whispered, “Who is she?”
     Janet shrugged and looked at Lisa who also heard the question.
     “I think she is Mandy Broklehurst,” Lisa answered.
     “Haven’t heard of her,” Terry replied. “I guess she is not as popular as she thinks.” Terry continued loud enough so that Mandy heard him.
     Mandy rolled her eyes and continued talking, “I was originally going to Queen Anne’s School. Heard of it?” A ginger-haired girl sitting in front of Mandy nodded, feeling pleased, Mandy continued,” It is a very good school in the muggle world,” Mandy eyed Terry who clearly was not listening, she raised her voice, “I was actually quite torn between the decision whether should I attend Hogwarts as I was doing really good at my old school and everybody was expecting me to proceed to Queen Anne’s. My friends and teachers persuaded me to stay but I thought as a witch, I should learn about my real capabilities. I always knew I was special,” as she continued talking about herself, there were only two person who appeared interested, a girl with black hair and a straight fringe, and the girl who nodded earlier, she has ginger hair and wore glasses.
     “If it was so hard for her to leave that school, then don’t. Nobody is forcing her to come here anyway,” Terry said angrily.
     Lisa and Janet agreed silently. Janet took a glance at Mandy; she was the girl who stole her answer at the Ravenclaw common room entrance yesterday. She does look quite pretty with shoulder length blonde hair, big blue eyes and a small face; she would have been likeable if she was not so full of herself.
     The Ravenclaw first years attended their first Charms class after breakfast. Janet settled down beside Lisa while Mandy, who was still talking about herself, sat in front of them with the ginger-haired girl whom Lisa recognizes as Morag MacDougal.
     Suddenly there was a loud “Bang”. The sound of books falling onto the floor shut Mandy up, Janet looks up and saw a small man standing on top of a stack of books. The teacher waved his wand and the door slammed close, then he tapped his wand on the desk for the students’ attention which he actually didn’t need to because everybody in class was staring at him.
     “Good morning, Ravenclaws. I’m Professor Flitwick, your charms teacher.” Professor Flitwick greeted the class, “I am also the head of Ravenclaw, so anyone of you may approach me anytime if you encountered any problems during your year in Hogwarts. Of course, if you would just need somebody to talk to or seek advice from, I will be more than happy to assist you too.”
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!