Thursday, February 19, 2009

1. Harry Potter (Panda's version) - Featuring Janet Hayden - Chapter 7

“I assume I have enjoyed your hospitality long enough so I guess I should be off now,” Dumbledore stood up and said, “Janet, whatever your answer is, I’ll know by the time the semester starts. Hope to see you in Hogwarts.” Dumbledore smiled at Janet while Janet smiled back.
As Dumbledore was heading to the door, he walked pass Janet and whispered, “I have a small gift for you, it’ll be arriving tomorrow. Sorry if it shocked you but you’ll get used to it.”
Janet looked at Dumbledore in bewilderment but Dumbledore just smiled and disappeared on the doorstep. Janet stared at the spot where Dumbledore disappeared with her eyes wide open. “Things just couldn’t get any weirder.” She muttered.
Just after Dumbledore disappeared from the doorstep, the doorbell rang again. Janet gave a quick glance at the clock on the wall and was shocked to see that the time Dumbledore arrived on their doorstep was just 5 minutes ago! Janet opens the door and found the pizza delivery boy holding their dinner with a huge smile on his face. Janet smiled back and paid him. Somehow, Janet has totally forgotten about dinner. Dumbledore’s presence felt like hours but it actually only lasted for 5 minutes! She dropped the pizza boxes on the table and turn to face her parents. This is the first time looking at them after Dumbledore left. They clearly looked worn out and they were both expecting something from Janet.
“I want to try.”
“What’s that?” David caught Janet’s mumbles.
Janet took a deep breath and answered, “I want to try out in Hogwarts. That’s where you and mom went for your education. I want to know what it is like.”
“But Janet this is not something that you can try and turn back if you don’t like it. It’s something you’ll have to stick to for the rest of your life. Are you sure you wanna change that? Our current life is just right just the way it is, don’t you think?” Emily cried.
“But… Ok then.” Janet was hoping for a more positive answer but she could never disobey her parents as they had really sacrificed so much. She was disappointed but she tries to hide it below a forced smile for her mother.
“Emily, if that’s what she wants.”
Emily cuts in before David could continue, “Yes, that’s a life she wants but this is the life she need and will continue staying this way forever.”
“I’m ok, dad. I really am. Mom knows what’s best for me and I really appreciate that.” Janet is still hiding her disappointment, “I think I’ll stay upstairs for a while, leave some pizza for me.” Before anyone could say anything, she ran upstairs and the sound of her door closing echoed the very quiet living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!