Thursday, February 5, 2009

1. Harry Potter (Panda's Version) - Featuring Janet Hayden - Chapter 5

“No, I am not!” Janet interrupts loudly. According to Janet’s understanding, witches are usually wicked and they hurt people with spells and poisons. Therefore, definitely there is no way Janet is going to admit that she is a witch.

“Yes, you are. I am one too. And your dad is a wizard. Professor Dumbledore here is one of the best wizards in the century. We are not like the normal families that you know around the neighbourhood. We once belonged to another world, a different one, from the one we are living in right now. Hogwarts was our school, your dad and me went there when we were kids like you. That is why we couldn’t answer you when you asked us about our schools.”

“Mom, you went to Hogwarts with dad? Why didn’t you tell me? Why didn’t you say anything when I receive this letter? You are a witch too? No way is this happening! How come I didn’t get to know a thing?”

“We have our reasons. You are very well aware that your dad has been having health problems all these while and there’s nothing we could do to cure it because it was magical, no doctor could cure something that is unexplainable. We couldn’t tell really what happen to your dad but to make it seem normal to you, we went to doctors, counselors and psychiatrists to convince you that it’s normal muggle illness. We just couldn’t risk that the same thing might happen to you as well.”

Janet was too stunned for words. All these while, her parents has been keeping such an important secret from her, something about their true identity and background. They were from a magical world!

“Janet, I’m… or was a sentinel. It’s something like a bodyguard in the wizarding world. I guard a certain wizard from any physical danger that was caused by magic. In our world, there was a very evil person named…” David paused when it come to saying the name. Nothing came out from his mouth, he was struggling whether should he say it or not.

“Voldemort, is his name.” Dumbledore interjected which made Janet and David jump at the same time because both of them totally forgot about the presence of Dumbledore during their conversation.

“Yes. We call him the dark lord. He was cruel and evil, wanting to rule the whole wizarding world in a way that was not agreed by anyone besides his followers but none of us could fight him. Anybody who did end up either dead or in a condition worst than being dead just like the person I was guarding. His name was James Potter, the father of Harry Potter. On that night, the dark lord tried to kill Harry but his parents were there to protect him. However, although I was there to guard James but the dark lord was so strong that I was almost knocked out by him when he cast his first curse towards James Potter. By the time I got back to my senses, James was hit by the second curse and died on the spot. Which cause me what I am now. We sentinels are born to have a special force protesting us from any deadly curses because we are suppose to block them from hitting our subjects. But if we fail, we will have to pay a price which is pain that is incurable by any type of remedy. That is why I’m consistently having health problems because my subject died; it’s some kind of punishment for my failure.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!