Wednesday, July 25, 2012

1. Harry Potter (Panda's version) - Featuring Janet Hayden - Chapter 14

“What are you talking about? You’re a witch?!” Anna exclaimed and took a sip of her iced Chocolate.

     “Look, I know it is hard to believe but you know I will never lie to you. I am not supposed to tell this to anyone but I can’t keep this from you. You are my best friend and we share everything.” Janet explained.
     “If you are going to another school, you could have just told me. I am totally fine with it. Why are you making up stories?” Anna still finds Janet’s words hard to believe.
     Feeling a little annoyed, Janet answered back, “I am not making up stories. This is true.”
     “Show me then. Show me your magic.” Anna felt disappointed with her best friend who broke their promise of going to Queen Anne’s together, and now she expects Anna to belief that she is going to a school of magic? What nonsense!
     “I…” Janet hesitated.
     “You are lying, aren’t you?”
     “No, I am not!”
     “Then, why can’t you prove anything?” Anna challenged.
     “I… Fine! You want to see magic. I’ll show you.” Janet concentrates hard on the candles on their table and seconds later, the candles lit up.
     “Woah!” Anna jerked up moving her chair backwards, away from the table.
     “Now do you believe me?”
     Anna stared at her best friend, speechless. If this happened before Janet told her that she was not going to Queen Anne’s, she might think it is really cool that her best friend could do tricks like this and she will even pester Janet to teach her. But, the girl that she have treated as a best friend has now broke the promise they made together telling her unbelievable things and now she’s doing tricks to cover. What has her best friend turned into?
     “Anna, you must keep this a secret. I am telling you this because you are my best friend. Nobody should know any of these.” Janet said.
     “I doubt anybody will believe it anyway, even if I were to tell,” Anna muttered nervously.
     “Anna, I am really sorry that I could not go to Jensen’s with you but this is what I have to do. I hope you could understand.”
     “Okay, whatever you say. I think I should get going. I am supposed to be running errands for my mom,” Anna stood up just wanting to leave that place, she clearly has no errands, she wants to stay away from the person she called her best friend. She left the coffee shop without looking at Janet.
     Janet left the coffee shop shortly after Anna.
     “Am I doing the right thing? Should I tell her everything?” Janet was not sure if all these should be kept a secret. She was too eager to explain to her best friend the reason she will not be able to go to school with her anymore, she was afraid that she will lose Anna as her friend if she have not told her but now it seems that it won’t make a difference. Anna will not see her the same way as before anymore.
     Janet burst into tears once she reached home, she has been holding back her tears all the way from the coffee shop back home.
    David heard her daughter opened the door and was ready to welcome her daughter, his health condition has been improving since they embraced the wizarding world again, he seek magical healing assistance which worked better on relieving his pain than muggle medicine, was shocked to see her in tears, “Janet! What happened?! Emily!”
    Emily came out from the laundry room and had the exact same reaction as her husband, “Janet, what happened? Why are you crying? Did something happen?”
     Janet could not say anything between her sobs, she kept crying.
     Emily hugs her daughter, “Now, it ok. You are home now. Tell us, what happened?”
     “Come, let’s sit down.” David pulls his daughter towards the couch. “What happened? Take a deep breath and tell us slowly.”
     “I… I… I” Janet stuttered between her sobs, “Told Anna.”
     “Oh, you told Anna?” Emily said in a soft voice.
     “Y… Yes. She won’t be… believe me. She walked away.” Janet sobbed harder after thinking that she might no longer have Anna as her friend anymore.
     “Calm down, dear.” Emily comforts her daughter, “I know this is hard. You found it hard to accept too, didn’t you? Give her some time. She’ll understand.”
     “No, she won’t. She won’t look at me the same way as she does anymore.” Janet wailed.
     “Don’t worry, dear. We’ll think of something.” David gave a comforting hug to her daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!