Sunday, July 29, 2012

1. Harry Potter (Panda's version) - Featuring Janet Hayden - Chapter 17



Janet stared outside the window, lost in her thoughts. She could not help feeling nervous about whatever awaits at Hogwarts.
     “Janet?” Ernie called.
     “Huh?” Janet was pulled out from her thoughts.
     “You look worried. Don’t worry, my dad has told me a lot about Hogwarts, you can ask me anything and I’ll explain to you.”
     “Oh, it’s ok. I don’t know what to ask anyway.” Janet was too overwhelmed by the fact that she is going to live a whole new life; she has too many questions that she finds it hard to put them into words.
     “Your dad said that you just came back to London, where were you staying?” Ernie is trying to calm Janet’s nerves by talking to her about other things.
     “My grandmother’s place, in Japan.” Janet answered, trying to act as naturally as possible.
     “Wow! I have never been to Japan. It must be different.” Ernie said.
     “Somewhat different, I guess.”
     The door of their compartment slide open before Ernie could ask further, much to Janet’s relief. A girl with blonde pigtails is standing at the door, “Ernie, I heard that Harry Potter is in this train.”
     “Harry Potter? Really?” Ernie exclaimed excitedly. “Do you know who Harry Potter is, Janet?”
     “Yeah, I have heard of him.” Janet appeared to have no interest in Harry Potter since she is bonded to him for the rest of her life, she will know who he is eventually whether she likes it or not. For now, her nerves are taking over the situation.
     “I think he is at the back of the train, you want to go have a look?” the girl at the door asked Ernie.
     Ernie shot a glance at Janet, who clearly showed no interest and answered, “I guess not, he is going to Hogwarts anyway.”
     “I guess you are right.” The girl replied.
     As she was halfway sliding the compartment door, Ernie called, “Hey Hannah, want to come sit with us?”
     “Sure.” The girl slide the door back open and walks in, “Hi, I’m Hannah Abbott.” The girl introduced herself to Janet and sat down next to Ernie.
     “I’m Janet Hayden. Nice to meet you, Hannah.” Janet replied.
     Just then, the compartment door slide open again, a boy with curly dark brown hair pokes his head in and asks, “Hi, I’m Justin. Can I join in? The other compartments are full.”
     “Sure, come on in.” Ernie pushes open the door for Justin to come in.
     “Thank you so much. Everyone seems to have friends here. I’m quite alone. I’m a muggle born.” The boy explained and sat beside Janet.
     “Oh, you are welcomed to join us. I’m Ernie, this is Hannah.” Ernie introduces, “and this is Janet.”
     “Hi, I’m Justin Finch-Fletchley. Nice meeting all of you. You are all from wizard families?” Justin asks curiously.
     “I am. My mom and dad are from Hogwarts too.” Ernie said.
     “I’m a half blood. My mom is a muggle born witch.” Hannah explained.
     “Your mother is a muggle born too? How did she accept this when she got her letter? My mother finds all these unbelievable until a teacher came to our house and explain. She is still doubtful but she accepted it. She was quite disappointed that I turned down Eton”
     “You were going to Eton?” Janet spoke suddenly after her long silence.
     “You know Eton? You are a muggle born too? You are Janet, right?” Justin asked excitedly, knowing that someone actually knows Eton means they will have something in common.
     “I… I’m not a muggle born. My mom and dad are a witch and wizard but I am living in a muggle neighbourhood. So, I have heard of it.” Janet explained.
     “What is Eton?” Ernie asked.
     “It is a very prestigious muggle school, very well-known.” Janet answered, feeling glad that she actually knows something that others don’t.
     “Oh.” Ernie replied, “Hogwarts is also very famous in the wizarding world,” he added.
     “I guessed that, so all of you would have a certain basic in all these magic stuff then. I know nothing. I have gone through all the books in our booklist; everything is so different from the things I learnt in muggle school.” Justin said looking worried.
     “You don’t have too worry too much. I know there are a number of muggle borns that are starting from scratch too. And besides, I actually don’t know that much too.” Hannah comforts.
     “I heard that they separate students into different houses. Do you have any idea how are they going to do it?” Justin asked looking at Hannah and Ernie.
     “My dad told me that you will have to wear a Sorting Hat and it will put you into houses base on your qualities.” Ernie explained.
     “What house are you hoping to be in?” Justin continues asking.
     “Hufflepuff, loyal and down to earth. My dad was a Hufflepuff too.” Ernie answered excitedly.
     “My father was a Hufflepuff too.” Hannah added.
     “What about you, Janet?” Ernie realized that Janet has been very quiet throughout their conversation.
     “Oh, er… I’m not sure. I never actually thought about this.” Janet was listening attentively because she and Justin shared similar questions.
     “I think you will usually be sorted into the same house as your family members.” Ernie suggested.
     “My dad was a Hufflepuff too.” Janet answered. Her parents did explain about the Hogwarts houses, David was a Hufflepuff and Emily was a Ravenclaw.
     “Then I sure hope that I could be in Hufflepuff too since there is a high chance that all of you will be in it.” Justin said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!