Tuesday, July 24, 2012

1. Harry Potter (Panda's version) - Featuring Janet Hayden - Chapter 13

     Janet laid everything she bought from Diagon Alley on the floor of her room. Looking at them in disbelief, “I am actually going to live a life where magic exists. Everything is going to be so different.” Jamet thought to herself
     A “Ping” from her computer knocked her of her daze.
     Janet gets up and moves her mouse to resume her computer from the screen saver, a message from Anna pops up on the screen.
     “Anna!” Janet exclaimed to herself, “Gosh, I haven’t told her that I am not going to Queen Anne’s anymore. Should I tell her the truth? Will she believe me? I myself find it hard to believe, not to mention I have no physical proof. I can’t show her the letter. Will she be able to accept that I am no longer going to Queen Anne’s with her?”
     Another “Ping” reminds her that Anna is still on the line. Janet sat in front of her computer and reply.

Janet says:
Hey!

Anna says:
Hey, what have you been up to? I have not heard from you for quite a while. How was the interview?
 
“The interview! I totally forgot that I gave up the opportunity,” after knowing that she is a witch, Janet had more or less forgotten about the on-goings of her muggle life.

Anna says:
Hello? Are you there?

Janet says:
Yup, still here.

Anna says:
Anyway, I’ve got great news for you. I got the scholarship for Queen Anne’s too! I don’t know how it happened but they called me the last minute asking me if I am interested; of course I am! We applied it together and I thought I will have to take on odd jobs to help pay my fees, since I was not shortlisted. Who knows someone gave up the chance for the interview and it so happen that I was the first name in the waiting list, so they offered me a chance and I got it!

Janet says:
Wow! Congratulations! I am so happy for you.

Anna says:
Thanks! I’m assuming you got it too, right? Your chances were high anyway. We are going to Queen Anne’s together as scholars! I can’t believe this!

Janet says:
Anna… I am not going to Queen Anne’s.

“Gosh, typing this is so hard.” Janet sighed.

Anna says:
What?! Why??? Why not?? You didn’t get the scholarship?

Janet says:
I did not go for the interview.

Anna says:
Why?? I thought going to Queen Anne’s is your dream? What happened?

Janet says:
It was my dream but I have to go to another school.

Anna says:
What? How could you not tell me this? We promised each other that we are going to Queen Anne’s together, no matter what happens, with or without the scholarship. You forgot about that?

Janet says:
No, I remembered. It is a long story.

Anna says:
I have time. Tell me, what happened?

Janet says:
Let’s meet up.

Anna says:
Ok, half an hour at the coffee shop.

Janet says:
See you.

Janet signed out from her account, wondering if she should bring her wand with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!