Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Life of Orphans - Chapter 12

The Life of Orphans

Chapter 12
The boys were talking as Cyndi came over,

Cyndi: Hello.

Boys: Hi.

Cyndi: We are missing of one person here.

Tony: Sam said he have to finish his project which is due tomorrow.

Cyndi: Oh.

Zax: I think that will take him forever because he’s short of something.

Cyndi: What thing?

Zax: If I’m not mistaken, he’s short of some information.

Cyndi: What information?

Zax: How should I know?

Cyndi: Umm… I have something on, see you guys later.

Tony: Ok, bye.

Jason: Wonder where is she going? I don’t remember that she has anything
on this afternoon.

Cyndi’s side,

Cyndi: (knocked at Sam’s door)

Sam: Who’s there? (Open the door) Oh, you. Come in.

Cyndi: I heard that you have some problem with your project. Anything I can
do to help?

Sam: I’m fine here. Thanks for your concern.

Cyndi: Then how’s the project going on?

Sam: Fine.

Cyndi: You continue with your work, don’t have to entertain me.

Sam: Ok.

Cyndi: (stood beside him and saw a stack of blank papers with a title on it)
Why didn’t you do this one first? (Pointing to the papers) This title comes first
than others.

Sam: Oh, this. I have a little problem with it. But don’t worry, I can handle it.

Cyndi: Ok. (Remembering the title) I won’t disturb you now. Bye. (Ran out)

Cyndi was muttering the title under her breath so that she won’t forget.

Tony: Hey, Cyndi! What’s the rush?

Cyndi: I know what Sam’s problem is. I’m going to the library.

Tony: I’ll go with you. (Ran up to her) Two heads are better than one.

Cyndi: Thanks.

The both of them spent the whole afternoon looking through books to get
notes and information.

Tony: Cyndi, it’s almost dinnertime.

Cyndi: I can skip dinner. You can go if you want to. I can handle this by
myself.

Tony: I’m not hungry. Let’s continue.

Two hours later,

Cyndi: The information about this sure is little but all added together plus
some I added in, it may help Sam finish his project.

Tony: Yup, I think so too.

Cyndi: Let’s go give it to him.

They passed the library counter,

Librarian: I can close the library now, right?

Tony: Yes. Sorry to trouble you.

Librarian: It’s ok. Did you two found what you want?

Cyndi: Yup, we found it.

They hurried to Sam’s room,

Sam: (open the door) Hello. What brings the two of you here?

Cyndi: Something that you really need. (Gave him a stack of papers)

Sam: Oh my god, you got the info. I thought I’d have to leave out this
particular part and throw some marks away. Thanks.

Cyndi: Not at all. We won’t bother you now. Bye.

Tony: Yeah, hope you will make full use of that. (Pointing to the papers)

Sam: You bet I will. These saved my life.

Tony: Ok, bye.

Sam: Bye.

As they walking away from Sam’s room,

Cyndi: Thanks for helping me. If it’s not for you, I might use up the whole day
looking for those.

Tony: No problem. I want to help Sam also. (Stomach growls) Ooopps!

Cyndi: Oh, I forgot you didn’t have dinner. Come over to my room, I have
some cup noodles.

Tony: Just what I need.

Later in Tony room,

Tony was writing his diary,

Dear Diary,
Today, I accompanied Cyndi to help Sam look for some information he badly needed for his project. Cyndi was really up to it; she even skipped dinner just to find that. But once she found everything, she was so happy......



Cyndi: Here you go. (pass him the cup noodles)

Tony: Thanks.

Cyndi: Your welcome. Besides, it was me who put you into this.

Tony: I don't mind anyway.

Cyndi: I know you won't. Besides, that's what brothers for.

Tony: Hehe, yeah.

Cyndi: You are the world's best big brother.



Now, I know that she was just treating me as her brother. Luckily, I didn't express my feelings to her or else it will be a hard situation. Sigh. Disappointed? A little but as long as she's happy, I’m happy. By the way, I am her big brother. =D

Tony closed his diary and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!