Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Life of Orphans - Chapter 15

The Life of Orphans

Chapter 15
Someone knocks on Jason's door,

Jason: Coming! (Opens the door) You are?

Voice: Forgot me already?

Jason: Hebe Tian, right?

Hebe: Bingo. But you can just call me Hebe.

Jason: Come on in.

Hebe: Actually I’m looking for Cyndi.

Jason: You are looking for Cyndi here?

Hebe: She's not in her room so I guess she might be here.

Jason: She's not here.

Hebe: Oh. Sorry to bother you.

Jason: Wait! Since I have nothing to do, I’ll help you find her.

Hebe: Really? Thanks.

Jason: I am more familiar about the place she will be than you.

Hebe: I see that.

They went looking high and low for Cyndi but she was nowhere to be seen.

Jason: Wonder where did she go? She's usually in these places.

Hebe: Anywhere else?

Jason: Let me think first. (They pass the canteen) Hey, you want ice cream? My
treat?

Hebe: Yes. Thanks but I can pay myself.

Jason: It's ok. What do you want? (Points at the ice-cream container.)

Hebe: I'll take this. (Took one)

Jason: You like that one too? It's my favourite! (Pays the man)

Hebe: Really? What a coincidence.

As they continue looking for Cyndi.

Hebe: Am I bothering you?

Jason: Huh? No. I have nothing to do in the afternoon anyway.

Hebe: Oh.

Jason: You have ice cream on your mouth. Here. (Handed her a tissue)

Hebe: Thanks. (Start wiping furiously around her mouth) [So embarrassing]

Jason: It's not there. (Took the tissue from her hand and wipe it off for her)

Hebe: (was stunned when Jason wiped her face)

Jason: Let's go there.

Hebe: (back to reality) Uh? Ok.

After a while,

Hebe: Actually it's nothing important. Let's stop looking.

Jason: You really want to stop?

Hebe: Yeah. Sorry to bother you.

Jason: Not at all. (smiles)

Hebe: Anyway thanks for helping me.

Jason: Anytime. I will walk you back to your room.

Hebe: Ok.

They reach Hebe's room,

Hebe: I'm here.

Jason: Ok. I'll go now.

Hebe: Ok. Bye.

Jason: Bye.

Hebe alone in her room (obviously),

Hebe: Well, he's cute, caring, nice... Not bad, right? Do I like him? But I just know him. Love at first sight? Nope. I seen him before already. Love at second sight then. That's so weird. Maybe it's just a mistake. Yup, just a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!