Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Life of Orphans - Chapter 11

The Life of Orphans

Chapter 11
The next morning,

(Knock Knock)

Sam: (woke up and rub his eyes) Who's that? (Open the door)

Zax: How's she?

Sam: (Look at Cyndi) Still asleep. Come in.

As they walk in, Cyndi woke up.

Tony: Did we wake you?

Cyndi: (shook her head)

Sam: How are you feeling?

Cyndi: Fine. Just the wrists are still a little painful when I bend them. (Exercise
her wrist)

Zax: A good thing it's Saturday.

Cyndi: Yeah. Or else it will be hard to write in the condition.

Tony: Then let Jason write for you.

Jason, who was dreaming all along: Huh?

Zax: You're not awake yet?

Jason: Yes, I am. I am.

Cyndi: I better go back to my room now.

Sam: I'll go with you.

Cyndi: What? No need.

Tony: What if Ray is waiting for you there?

Cyndi: It's a night already. Doesn't he have anything better to do?

Zax: I doubt he has.

Cyndi: I can go by myself. It will sure look funny if you follow my back to my
room.

Sam: But...

Cyndi: Ok, i'll get going.

Tony: Be careful.

Cyndi: Ok. You guys are even naggier than girls.

Later then,

Tony and Jason are having a game of chess.

Zax: Don't the two of you have something better to do than playing chess? It's
so boring!

Tony: It is to you but it's not to us. Check!

Jason: Caught you. Check mate!

Tony: How can I lose again? Let's have another game.

Cyndi: Jason is a pro on chess. You'll lose again, Tony.

Tony: No way. I must win once.

Jason: Ok. Another game that is.

Zax: Argh! Another game?!

Sam: Hey, it's quite fun watching them play.

Cyndi: Yup.

Half an hour later,

Jason: Check- mate!

Tony: What? Aahh! I didn't see that one coming.

Cyndi: The three of us on you, Jason.

Sam: How can I miss that? Jason, You are really a pro.

Jason: I'm just lucky.

Tony: I give up. Let’s do something else. Zax?

Sam: Where is he?

Cyndi: (clears throat and points)

Tony: He's sleeping?

Jason: Is chess that boring?

Cyndi: To him, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!