Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Life of Orphans - Chapter 10

The Life of Orphans

Chapter 10
Zax: Hey, you know tonight the teachers are having a meeting.

Tony: Really? How did you know?

Zax: I overheard it when I passed the teachers' room. I think the students are
not suppose to know this.

Jason: So?

Cyndi: That means I can come over during the night.

Zax: Smart!

Jason: But you always come over during the night.

Cyndi: I always come in like a thief but this time, I can stay longer.

Sam: Then you should come over right after dinner.

Cyndi: I have to go back first to show my face to the prefects. They must be
extra careful because there are no teachers around.

Tony: I agree with that.

That night, Cyndi was on the way to the boys’ room when...

Ray: Hi.

Cyndi: Uh? Hello.

Ray: Where are you going?

Cyndi: There’s nothing to do with you.

Ray: Really? Let me guess.... you are going to those failures' room huh?

Cyndi: Why should you care anyway? They are not failures, if they are, then
you are the biggest one!

Ray: You look cute when you are angry. (Strokes her face)

Cyndi: Get your hands off me!

Ray: You are smart and pretty too. Why mix with those failures? You can come to my room instead.

Cyndi: No thanks. And don't call them failures!! For your information, they
are a million times better than you!

Ray: (pushed her towards the wall) No one ever talks to me like that! You better not say that I didn't treat you well before.

At the boys side,

Zax: What is taking her so long?

Tony: Yep, she should be here minutes ago.

Jason: Will she be in trouble?

Sam: I think we better go and check.

All: (Nods)

Sam: Jason, you better stay here. In case she comes.

Jason: Alright.

Tony: Let's go.

They went out and follow the route, which leads to the Cyndi's room. They
didn't see Cyndi anywhere until they heard....

Cyndi: Let go! Or I’ll scream!

Ray: Haha, scream all you like. You should have known that there are no teachers now. If the prefects come, whom do you think they will listen to? You or me?

Zax: What do you think you are doing?

Ray: Oh, the failures have arrived.

Sam: You let go of her! (Pushed him away)

Ray: So, you failures want to play rough. (Called his "followers")

They all started fighting; Ray and his friends weren't a match for them, so
they ran off.

Zax: Whom do you call failures now?

Tony: Zax, Cyndi (turned to Cyndi).

Zax: oh, yes.

Sam: Are you ok?

Cyndi: (nodded. her eyes were wet, it seems that she had cried before. Her wrists where bruised because of Ray's strong grip. Her lips were bleeding a little)

Tony: Let's take her back.

Sam took of his jacket and put it over Cyndi.

At the room,

Jason: Wow! What happened?

Tony: (looked at Cyndi) We'll tell you later.

Sam: (wipe the blood of her lip) Are you feeling ok?

Cyndi: (didn't answer, sniffs a little)

Sam: It's ok now. (Strokes her hair)

Tony: I think she'd better stay here tonight.

Zax: I agree. In case those cowards are waiting for her there.

Tony: Then we'll report this first thing in the morning.

Cyndi: No, you can't report.

Sam: Why not?

Cyndi: If we report, he'll also report that you guys were fighting. That will get all of you into big trouble.

Zax: Nothing will happen to us. He's the one who's in trouble.

Cyndi: His mom is a teacher. If he whines a little, whom do you think they will believe?

Tony: But it's not fair to you.

Cyndi: I don't mind.

Jason: Let's talk about this tomorrow.

Zax: Wait! What if he reports first?

Cyndi: He won't, trust me.

Zax: if you say so.

Jason: We'll go now, ok?

Cyndi: Ok.

After they left,

Sam: Is it painful? (Holds her wrist)

Cyndi: (shook her head)

Sam hands a drink to her,

Cyndi: Thanks.

Sam: You don't have to be scared anymore. Just lie down and close your eyes.

Cyndi: What about you?

Sam: Me? I'm a guy; I can sleep on the floor. Now, just don't worry about anything. Go to sleep, ok?

Cyndi: (obeyed)

Sam pulls up the blanket and put her hand into the blanket.

Sam: Oh my God! Her hands are freezing.

Sam rubs his hands with her's to make them warm again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!