Sunday, February 4, 2007

Love Sky - Chapter 11

Love Sky

Chapter 11
Alex: Let's eat lunch together and call Shawn along too.

Gillian: Then we'll leave them both alone. Just like what you guys did to me and Ed.

Cindy: Isn't it a little outdated? Charlene might have guessed it.

Gillian: If she really like Shawn, she won't object.

Cindy: That's just like you then.

Gillian: Hey!

Alex: Alright, that's a deal ok? I'll tell Ed.

Gillian: Yes. Then tell Shawn too.

Alex: No problem.

Back in class,

Cindy: Hey Char, how was your chat with Shawn just now?

Charlene: Ssshhh... (Turned around to see if Shawn’s listening, lucky for her he was not there)

Gillian: So?

Charlene: So what?

Gillian: Your little chat with Shawn. I can see that you like him.

Charlene: No, I don't.

Cindy: Don't deny it, your face had betrayed you.

Charlene: Ok, I admit then, I like him but just a bit.

Gillian: Everything starts with a bit then slowly a pile then a big pile then a hill then a mountain then a...

Charlene: I don't think he likes me.

Cindy: Why?

Charlene: Because he keeps forgetting my name.

Gillian: That's just a small thing.

Charlene: But this small thing shows that he doesn’t really care who I am.

Cindy: You're thinking too much. How about lunch with the guys? I think Shawn is coming too.

Charlene: Ok.

Gillian: Look, if you really like Shawn we'll help you.

Cindy: Yeah, we'll be supporting you.

Charlene: Thanks, but I rather he talks to me willingly than being force or threaten by the two of you.

Cindy: Hey, we are not that rough. (Took out her textbooks for the subject coming up)

The "after school' bell rang, everyone started packing their things.

Alex: (walk over to Shawn's place) Hey Shawn!

Shawn: Hi Alex.

Alex: Great! You still remember my name. By the way we are going out for lunch
together, do you want to join us?

Shawn: I love to. Who else is going?

Alex: Edison, the girls, and me.

Shawn: Is Gillian going?

Alex: Yes, she is, Charlene and Cindy are going too.

Shawn: Ok. Where are we going?

Alex: You'll have to come with us to find out.

Shawn: Hold on a moment, I’ll have to tell my brother that I’m not going home for lunch first.

Alex: Ok, see you at the school gate. You know where it is right?

Shawn: Of course I do. See you later. (Took his bag and went off)

Cindy: (taps Alex on the shoulder) So? Is he coming or not?

Alex: He is, he'll meet us at the school gate.

Cindy: Let's go.

At the school gate,

Edison: Why is he so long?

Gillian: Maybe he got lost.

Cindy: But the school gate is so big you can see it anywhere you are.

Charlene: Maybe he forgot about it.

Alex: There's no way he's going to forget, i just told him just now. He can't be that forgetful.

Gillian: There he is. (Pointing at a figure running towards them)

Edison: At last.

Shawn: Sorry guys, I got lost finding my brother's class.

Alex: Oh that’s ok. Let's get going.

At the restaurant (it's the same restaurant as mentioned in chapter 4, which had three sittings on each side)

Edison and Alex sat right inside; Gillian and Cindy were waiting to see where Shawn sits.

Shawn: Ladies first.

Gillian: Uh, no. You first.

Edison: What are you doing? Just sit down.

Gillian went to sit beside Edison and Cindy wanted to sit beside her but Shawn was quicker than she was. So, Cindy went to sit with Alex and Charlene sat beside her.

Alex: (whispered to Cindy) Anything wrong sitting with me?

Cindy: No. (whispered back)

Alex: Then what's wrong?

Cindy: We wanted Shawn to sit beside Charlene but he just didn't.

Alex: Never mind, we still have plan B.

Cindy: What plan B?

Alex: We can leave them alone later.

Cindy: Oh yeah, I forgot.

After eating,

Cindy: Alex and I are going to buy some things so catch you guys later.

Edison: Since when you two were together?

Alex: Not long before.

Cindy: Bye. (Winked to Charlene and went of)

Gillian: Ah, Ed and I are going that side, so see you two later.

Shawn: Can I go with you?

Gillian: Uh?! Why not? (Thinking) Why did he ask? He should say bye and just go with
Charlene and not hanging around with us.

Shawn: Gillian?

Gillian: Huh?

Shawn: What are your hobbies?

Gillian: Oh, umm.. Watch TV. Charlene likes it too.

Shawn: Oh. (Looks at Charlene, Charlene smiles at him. He smiled back and went on talking to Gillian)

Gillian: Umm.. I need to go to the washroom.

Shawn: Ok.

Edison: It's straight ahead.

Gillian: I know that. Char, why don't you come with me? You guys can wait here.

Edison: Alright.

At the washroom,

Gillian: Charlene, why didn't you speak to him?

Charlene: Because he keeps speaking to you.

Gillian: When we go out I’ll go to Edison and pull him away so that you can have the chance to speak to him.

Charlene: No need.

Gillian: Why?

Charlene: I think he likes you.

Gillian: No way! You know I won't like him. I like Edison.

Charlene: I know. But he doesn’t know.

Gillian: I'll go and tell him.

Charlene: No!

Gillian: Why?

Charlene: Because he'll be unhappy.

Gillian: Char, are you a bit over suspicious? I mean how can he like me? I just know him for a few hours.

Charlene: Don't you know what's love at first sight?

Gillian: Yes, I do. But I won't like him.

Charlene: He'll still like you.

Gillian: Ok, let's stop this now. We've been in here quite a while. Let’s go.

Outside,

Edison: What took you girls so long?

Gillian: Umm.. stomachache.

Shawn: Are you ok now?

Gillian: Yes, I feel much better now. (Walk over to Edison and pull him away) Let's go.

Edison: Ok, don't pull, I can walk.

Gillian: Sshh..

They walked a distance away from Charlene and Shawn.

Shawn: So, your name is Charlene, right?

Charlene: Yes. (Thinking) at last, he remembers my name.

Shawn: You are very close with Gillian?

Charlene: We live together.

Shawn: Oh, do you know what kind of guy she likes?

Charlene: Umm.. (Thinking) 'Gillian again'. Well, she likes cute guys, smart and active.

Shawn: (thinking) I'm considered that type too.

Charlene: You like Gillian, don't you?

Shawn: Yes, she's pretty and cute. Who won't like her?

Charlene: (thinking) He really likes Gil.

At Cindy's side,

Cindy: I wonder what are Charlene and Shawn doing now?

Alex: Trying to know each other, I think.

Cindy: I hope so. Hey look, there they are. (Pointing at the opposite side)

Alex: Yeah, I guess our plan worked. Cindy and Shawn are talking.

Cindy: Great.

Alex: Now can you stop worrying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!