Sunday, February 4, 2007

Love Sky - Chapter 12

Love Sky

Chapter 12
At the girls apartment,

Cindy: Hey, Char. How was Shawn?

Charlene: Ok.

Cindy: We saw you two talking, looks like you two are friendly to each other.

Charlene: But we are just friends.

Cindy: Just for now, maybe later he'll ask you out.

Charlene: He'll ask Gillian out, not me. I guess we'll have to be friends forever.

Cindy: I don't understand, why would he ask Gillian out?

Charlene: Because he likes Gillian.

Cindy: How would you know?

Charlene: You saw me talking to him but you didn't hear our topic. He asked everything about Gillian, isn't that obvious? Well, he even admitted that he like Gillian.

Cindy: But Gillian like Edison. So, you still have a chance.

Charlene: I sure hope so.

Gillian: What are you two talking about?

Cindy: Shawn.

Gillian: Oh. Go on then. I'm out of the way.

Charlene: Hey! Is he really that bad?

Gillian: He's kind of annoying if you ask me.

Cindy: Why?

Gillian: He keeps bugging me.

Charlene: It's because he likes you.

Gillian: Ok, ok, just stop talking about him when I’m around.

Cindy: Are we going out for dinner or we are going to cook?

Charlene: We'll go out.

Gillian: I agree with that.

Next day at school,

Shawn: Gillian, are you free this afternoon?

Gillian: Ummm... not very. Why?

Shawn: (disappointed) Just wanted to ask you out for lunch.

Gillian: I'm going for lunch with Edison.

Shawn: Oh. Never mind then.

Gillian: Charlene might be free, why don't you ask her.

Shawn: It's ok. By the way, I can still eat with my brother.

Gillian: It's up to you.

Flora came in,

Whole class: Good morning, Miss Chan.

Flora: Good morning. Well, just wanted to remind you guys that the school marathon is next week. I hope you all are ready for this and those who are joining the St. John Ambulance nursing team, please stay back after school the teacher wants to see you regarding about the school marathon. Ok, I had finished announcing, now let's start with our lesson.

After school,

Cindy: Alex, I can't join you for dinner.

Alex: Why?

Cindy: I have to stay back after school.

Alex: For what?

Cindy: Well, I’m in the St. John Ambulance nursing team.

Alex: Huh, what for?

Cindy: So that I don't have to run for the marathon. That's the only way I can think of besides skip school.

Alex: You really hate running, don't you?

Cindy: Yup, so see you later. I have to go now. Bye.

Alex: Looks like I have to eat lunch all by myself then.

Cindy: Sorry, I’ll go with you another day.

Alex: Ok, bye.

On Gillian's side,

Edison: Are you ready to go now?

Gillian: Ok, ok.

Shawn: Edison, con I talk to you for a minute?

Edison: Sure. (Turn to Gillian) You wait here. (Went of with Shawn)

Shawn: You're in the basketball team right?

Edison: Yes, why? You want to join?

Shawn: Yeah, but I don't know if I’m qualified to join?

Edison: Well, you have to go for a physical test first. You can see Mr.Lam for that. You know which, don't you?

Shawn: I guess so. If I really don't I can always ask.

Edison: Anything else?

Shawn: No. You can go have lunch with Gillian now.

Edison: How did you know?

Shawn: You told her to wait for you.

Edison: Oh yeah, and she's still waiting. Got to go now. Bye.

Shawn: Ok.

Back to Gillian,

Edison: Sorry for the long wait.

Gillian: In that case, lunch is on you.

Edison: No problem. Come on. (Took her hand)

Gillian: What were you talking with Shawn?

Edison: Nothing much, he wants to join the basketball team.

Gillian: Oh.

Shawn was looking far away; the jealousy in his heart was flaming.

At Charlene's side, Charlene was home already eating her takeaway food in front of the (where else?) TV.

Charlene: Sigh, it's so boring eating alone. Wonder what are that two doing now? Cindy might be still in the St. John's meeting; Gillian must be having a good time with Edison. Sigh.

Back to Cindy, after her meeting, she saw Alex standing in front of her,

Cindy: Hey, what are you doing here?

Alex: Waiting for you.

Cindy: I thought you were going to have lunch.

Alex: Yup and here it is. (Holding up a plastic bag with two pollster box in it)

Cindy: Uh-huh so?

Alex: I thought you might be hungry after the meeting. So, I went and buy takeaway for you.

Cindy: Thanks.

Alex: You want chicken rice or "char siew" (roasted pork) rice?

Cindy: Chicken rice.

Alex: Ok, here you go. (Hand her a pollster box) Then, let's go find somewhere to eat.

Cindy: Ok. How much is the rice? I have to pay you back.

Alex: Never mind.

Cindy: Yes, yes. You should mind. You had taken all the trouble buying it.

Alex: It's on me, ok?

Cindy: If you really don't mind. Then... never mind. (Laughs)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!