Sunday, February 4, 2007

Love Sky - Chapter 3

Love Sky ( 戀 愛 大 過 天 )

Chapter 3
On Edison's mom's birthday party,

Mrs. Chen: Eddie, can't you find anything better in your closet?

Edison: But this is what i usually wear.

Mr. Chen: You should wear a little more formal.

Edison: Dad, isn't this formal enough?

Mr. Chen: You call this formal? It's just T-shirt and jeans.

Edison: What do expect? A tuxedo?

Mrs. Chen: Eddie dear, just go change into something nicer before our friends and relatives come, ok?

Edison: Alright, i'll go and change. I'm sorry about my attitude just now, dad.

Mr. Chen: It's ok, it's your mother's birthday and I don't want anything to ruin it.

(Alex was the first one who arrive,)

Alex: Hi auntie and uncle. I came early to see if there's anything which needed help.

Mr. Chen: That's very kind of you. Well, there's nothing that needed help. Why don't you go find Eddie?

Alex: Ok, by the way, here's your present auntie. Happy Birthday!

Mrs. Chen: Thanks. Actually you don't have to.

Alex: I’ll go look for Eddie.

In Edison's room,

Edison was sitting in front of his closet, staring at his clothes,

Alex: Eddie, what are you doing?

Edison: looking for a FORMAL outfit. By the way, is there anything wrong with this? (Pointing to the clothes he's wearing)

Alex: No, if you ask me. But you should wear something better.

Edison: I've been trying last half an hour looking for something "better".

Alex: Maybe I can help you out. (Stood in front of the closet) Hmmm.. If only the girls were here. Hey, this looks great! Simple but... oh whatever!

Edison: I've never seen these before. Where did you take it?

Alex: From your closet, dumb. Maybe you have too many clothes to hide it.

Edison: Ok. (Took the clothes from Alex, but Alex stood there without movement) Aren't you going out? I'm gonna change here.

Alex: Sure, of course I’m going out... after you change.

Edison: Go OUT!

Alex: Ok ok, just kidding.

After a few minutes,

Edison: Let's go down, I bet the party has already started.

Alex: Now only you've realized that you were slow. A bit too late, my friend.

Edison: Oh, shut up.

Mrs. Chen: Oh Eddie, what took you so long to change?

Mr. Chen: Yes, this looks much better. Alex, you have good eyes.

Edison: How did you know?

Mr. Chen: Of course I know. I even knew that you were sitting in your room starring at the closet having no idea what to wear until Alex came.

Alex: Bingo, uncle.

Edison: Humph!

Alex: Hey the girls are here already.

Mrs. Chen: They were here just ten minutes ago. Which one is yours Eddie?
Edison: Huh?

Alex: I think auntie means your girlfriend.

Mrs. Chen: Yes, Alex. Now which one is yours?

Edison: Mom!

Mrs. Chen: ok, ok, I’m just kidding. But three of them are pretty and have good manners too. For someone like you, you're likely having either one of him or her as your girlfriend.

Edison: I remember someone saying studies comes first and girlfriend comes
after a lot of important things.

Mrs. Chen: Well, I still stick to that. I wouldn't want your love life to affect your studies. But honestly... are you sure you have none?

Mr. Chen: I agree with your mom too, Eddie.

Edison: Ok, ok, I swear that I don't have any girlfriends, just normal friends who happened to be girls.

Alex: I'll go talk to the girls.

Edison: Hey! You’re not leaving me here aren't you? Wait for me!

Alex: Hello.

Charlene: Hi, Alex.

Edison: Welcome.

Cindy: We're already in the house and welcomed by your mom and dad.

Gillian: How come I didn't see you guys just now?

Alex: Well, I’m helping Eddie with his clothes.

Cindy: He's always a mess with clothes. But this one's not bad.

Charlene: I bet it's Alex's choice.

Edison: What if it's not?

Cindy: Then I’ll congratulate you that you finally found your sense in dressing.

Edison: Thanks (rolled his eyes)

Alex: Whom else did you invite for the party?

Edison: Just you guys. My parent's invited some close friends and relatives because dad want's this to be simple.

Cindy: You call this simple? Your house is full of people.

Charlene: It's simple for him but not for us.

Gillian: Charlene, I remember there's once your house also has a party like this.

Cindy: How come I don't know that?

Charlene: I was eight that time.

Cindy: Oh.

Alex: I thought you guys knew each other since you were kids.

Cindy: Gillian and Charlene knew each other since they were in primary school, I knew them since form one.

Edison: You guys never mention about that.

Charlene: You two didn't say anything about your friendship either.

Gillian: Yeah, tell us. How you two met?

Alex: We'll talk about this afterwards.

Charlene: Hey, we told you ours.

Edison: It's Cindy who told us not you.

Cindy: Tell me then.

Edison: We'll discuss this later.

Alex: can we go get some food? I'm starving.

Edison: Sure, let's go. (He pushed Charlene over and took Gillian's hand but he didn't see Gillian is blushing scarlet)

Although Edison didn't see Gillian blushing but Cindy had seen it.

In the girls apartment,

Cindy: Um, having a good time, Gil?

Gillian: Yeah, why?

Cindy: I saw someone blushing just now.

Gillian: (acting innocent) Oh really? Who is it?

Cindy: Well,..

Charlene: (walking out of the bathroom) what is it?

Cindy: Oh, I saw someone blushing at the party. Are you done, Charlene?
Because I’m going to use the bathroom. (Stood up and ran towards the bathroom before Charlene said....)

Charlene: Hey! (The bathroom door slammed closed) Well, never mind. I bet you know who is it the blushed just now, right, Gil?

Gillian: Unfortunately, I don't know.

Charlene: I'll have to guess then. Who do you think it is, Gil?

Gillian: No idea. (Still acting innocent)

Charlene: Very well. There's Alex, Ed, Cindy, you and me. It wasn't me for sure. Then who is it? Is it you, Gil?

Gillian: Huh? Ermm.. I mean no; of course it's not me. (Giving a false laugh)

Charlene: It's not me and it's not you. Who could it be? Cindy? But who would be so stupid to admit that they blushed. So, not Cindy. Hmmmm.... one of the boys then.... but why?

(the bathroom door opened and Cindy slipped into her room)

Charlene: Ah, she out already. I'll go ask her.

Gillian: NO!

Charlene: Why?

Gillian: You...you wouldn't li...like to know.

Charlene: Why not?

Gillian: I mean you wouldn't like to know it..a..... a...alone, I’ll come with you.

Charlene: Oh. Come on then.

Gillian: (muttering under her breath) Oh no, oh no.

Charlene: (Opened Cindy's bedroom door) Hi!

Cindy: Hey! Aren't you supposed to knock?

Charlene: Ok. (Knocked the door with her knuckles) There. Satisfied?

Cindy: Almost.

Charlene: Whatever. I want to ask you Cindy, who was it that...

Gillian: tripped and fell just now at the party. Haha.

Charlene: (stared at Gillian) Not funny Gil. Who blushed just now?

Gillian: Brush? Oh, we should brush our teeth day and night. (‘That’s really stupid,' Gillian thought herself)

Cindy: (laughed at Gillian's reactions) well, it's...

Gillian: (gave Cindy a pleading look, and mouthed) Please don't say.

Charlene: Who is it?

Cindy: Isn't it obvious?

Gillian: Yeah, I knew it already.

Charlene: What is that so obvious?

Cindy: Well, who kept on stopping me from saying it.

Gillian: (mouthed) NO! Don't say it.

Charlene: Gillian?

Cindy: It could be.

Charlene: But why?

Cindy: Review then, Charlene.

Charlene: ummm.. When we arrived, we greet Ed's mom and dad and wished happy birthday to Ed's mom.

Cindy: Uh-huh, go on.

Charlene: Then, we were chatting at the garden until Alex and Edison came. After that we want them to tell us about their friendship and Alex said that's he's hungry. So, Eddie pushed me towards the table and... Oh, I get it.

Gillian: What did you get? (Nervously)

Charlene: Eddie took your hand!

Cindy: Bingo! It's a pity that Eddie didn't saw that.

Charlene: You like Edison?

Gillian: A little. So what? You guys will blush if a guy took your hand!

Cindy: Not if it's the guy I like.

Charlene: (in a singsong tune) Gillian like Edison, Gillian like Edison.

Gillian: Some friends you guys are. (Sulking)

Cindy: Oh, come on Gil. It's perfectly normal to blush when a guy you like took your hand and he's kinda cute.

Charlene: Yeah......Yeah right! Gil is in love, Gil is in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!