Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The Life of Orphans - Chapter 2

The Life of Orphans

Chapter 2

Today, a little boy about my age was sent in. He sat on a chair near the window and stared out. He did that every day, without talking to anybody and he hardly moved from his spot by the window except from eating and sleeping.

Tony: He's weird.

Sam: I heard that he was from a rich family. His parents past away and all their properties were taken by his uncle. It was his uncle who sent him here.

Cyndi: How can his uncle do that?!

Tony: He must be pretty sad.

Cyndi: Really? I didn't see him cry?

Tony: People don't have to cry when they are sad.

Cyndi: Let's go talk to him.

Sam: Ok. (Walked towards the boy) Hi, what's you name? I'm Sam and this is
Tony (pointing to Tony) and this is Cyndi (Pointing to Cyndi and Cyndi wave at him)

Jason: My name is Jason Hsu Meng Zhe. (And he continue staring outside)

Sam: How old are you?

Jason: Four. (Stared back outside)

Sam: Oh, Cyndi is four too.

Tony: Would you like to play with us?

Jason didn't answer.

Sam: What are you looking at? (Take a look outside which is only the road and the sky)

Jason: I wonder daddy and mummy are up there? I have been looking for them a few days but I still can't find them.

Sam: Oh, they are up there but you can't see them.

Jason: Why?

Sam: Umm..... I don't really know. (Cyndi and Tony laughs) But they can see you from up there.

Jason: Really? How did you know? Have you been up there? (Cyndi and Tony laughs again)

Sam: Huh? No, I haven't been there. I just.... know. You want to play with us?

Jason: Ok. (And for the first time, he smiled)

Tony: Here's a lollipop for you.

Jason: Thanks.

Cyndi: Where did you get that?

Tony: (grin) I stole it from the kitchen.

Now, our group has an extra member which is Jason.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!