Sunday, February 4, 2007

Love Sky - Chapter 9

Love Sky

Chapter 9

At Alex's house,

Cindy: Alright, what do you want me to do first?

Alex: Cook.

Cindy: Ok, come on. (Pulls Alex to the kitchen)

In the kitchen,

Cindy: What do you want me to cook?

Alex: Anything. It's up to you.

Cindy: Why don't we start with cooking the rice first? Then we'll cook the dishes.

Alex: Ok.

Cindy: Where's your rice cooker?

Alex: There. (Pointing to a corner)

Cindy: Oh, (took the rice cooker and hand it over to Alex) here you go.

Alex: Huh?

Cindy: Cook the rice, of course.

Alex: Oh. (Puts in the rice)

Cindy: Hey, it's just two of us here. We don't need that much. (Puts some back in)

Alex: Am I suppose to wash it?

Cindy: Yes.

Alex: (thinking) hmm.. This is easy. (On the tab and start washing)

Cindy: No,no, you don't wash it like that. Here, I’ll show you how. (Puts her hand over Alex's and guide him)

Alex: (thinking) She's holding my hands again. Why am I having this kind of funny feeling again?

Cindy: Hello, anybody home? (Waving her hands in front of Alex's face.)

Alex: Uh, yes?

Cindy: now, you will cook the rice.

Alex: Right. (Puts in the rice and on the switch) Now what?

Cindy: Is it ok if I use the things in the fridge?

Alex: Go on.

Cindy took out some ingredients from the fridge and start cooking.

After an hour,

Cindy: At last, we're done.

Alex: It wasn't very hard.

Cindy: These are just simple dishes. If you want to learn more, you can learn from your mum.

Alex: Let's take these out.

After laying the dishes on the table, they started eating.

Alex: Do you girls cook at home?

Cindy: We seldom cook. But sometimes I’ll cook the rice and they will buy some extra dishes.

Alex: But you're quite a good cook.

Cindy: Well, I help out in the kitchen when I was staying with my family.

Alex: May I ask you something?

Cindy: Of course you can.

Alex: If you find it too personal, you can choose to not answer. Why didn't you follow your parents to Australia?

Cindy: (stops smiling) Umm..

Alex: You don't really have to answer.

Cindy: That's nothing. It's just because my parents just work the whole day and don't really cares about me. But they weren't like that before my dad got a promotion, after that, all they care about is money.

Alex: Oh, (trying to change the topic) the school's marathon is near.

Cindy: Oh yes, I nearly forgot about that.

Alex: The news just came out yesterday.

Cindy: It's always about this time in the year. Are you planning to win it this year?

Alex: I don't really plan to, just do the best I could. But being one of the top fifteen will be good.

Cindy: But you run fast during the 100 metres

Alex: I’m lack of stamina. How about you?

Cindy: I'm thinking of an excuse to not participate.

Alex: Why?

Cindy: Well, what's the point of participating if you know that you'll surely be the last who reach the finish line.

Alex: How would you know? Maybe you might be the top fifteen this year.

Cindy: If there are only fourteen people running.

Alex: Come on, don't be so pessimistic.

Cindy: I'm going to wash the dishes. (Stacking up the plates)

Alex: But you're a guest, I’m the one who is supposed to wash dishes.

Cindy: I'm used to washing dishes. I always wash them at home.

Alex: You don't have to. (Took the plates away from her)

Cindy: I'd already had a free lunch. I should do something.

Alex: You can wash half of these.

Cindy: Ok.

In the kitchen,

Alex and Cindy are washing the dishes.

Cindy: Honestly, do you know how to wash dishes?

Alex: Of course I do, can't you see?

Cindy: No, I can't but I can see that you have washed that plate twice already.

Alex: I just want it to be twice as clean.

Cindy: Yeah right. (Flick some water to Alex's face)

Alex: Of course I’m right, I’m always right. (Did the same thing to Cindy)

Then both of them started playing with water, just like little kids.

In the living room,

Cindy: You've got a playstation.

Alex: Yeah, so?

Cindy: Wow, you've got a dance mat too.

Alex: I thought you girls had one too.

Cindy: We didn't play with it for a long time and it's deep inside the cupboard which
you'll feel lazy to search for it even though you want to play with it.

Alex: Oh, I play with it all the time.

Cindy: Can I have a go?

Alex: Sure.

Soon, Cindy took out the dance mat and the playstation and on it,

Cindy: It's so long since I did this.

The music started and she started "dancing".

Alex: (thinking) Wow, she's so good.

Cindy: (turned to Alex) Come on, take out the other mat and we'll have a two player’s game.

Alex: Ok.

Both of them began "dancing".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!