Sunday, February 4, 2007

Love Sky - Chapter 13

Love Sky

Chapter 13
The marathon day,

Charlene: Wow, Cindy. This is the first time I saw you wearing this uniform.

Cindy: It's not even mine. I borrowed it from a friend.

Gillian: Are you two ready?

Cindy: I'm ready. (holding her first-aid box)

Gillian: You look like a nurse, Cindy.

Cindy: Really? I should join this earlier ago.

Charlene: I still don't understand why you don't like running?

Cindy: Because I hate losing.

At school,

Shawn: Hi.

Charlene: Good morning.

Shawn: Good morning.

Charlene: It's almost time, let's go to the field.

Cindy: I have to go to the canteen. See you guys later.

Gillian: Ok, see you.

At the field,

Teacher: Ok students, before we start the marathon, you all are required to do your own warm up exercises.

After ten minutes,

Teacher: Alright everybody please line up according to your forms. We'll start with the form ones.

Twenty minutes later,

Teacher: Ok, now it's the form fives. Everyone stand in a line......Wait for the signal..... (BANG!) GO!

Everyone ran as fast as they could away from the starting line, Cindy was
looking at them as they run.

Cindy: Wow, everyone is so fast, luckily I’m not participating.

Yumiko: Cindy, you're in my group right?

Cindy: Yes.

Yumiko: Because you are new here I have to explain briefly about what we're
going to do later.

Cindy: Ok.

During the marathon journey, Charlene was leading but not long after that,
Shawn caught up with her.

Shawn: Hello.

Charlene: Hi.

Shawn: You're a fast runner.

Charlene: You too. Are the guys supposed to turn in here?

Shawn: Oh yeah, See you later.

Charlene: Ok. (thinking) At last, he is talking to me without asking anything
about Gillian. (Smiled and that gave her strength to kept running)

On Cindy's side,

Cindy: There are so many benefits being here. Firstly, I don't have to run and
that's the main thing I joined this. Secondly, I don't have to do anything here.

Yumiko: Who are you talking to?

Cindy: Umm.. no one.

Student: Yumiko, Cindy, there's someone sprained his ankle.

Yumiko: Where is he?

Student: Over there. (pointing)

Cindy: I guess I spoke too soon.

Yumiko: Pardon?

Cindy: Nothing.

Student: There he is.

Cindy: Alex?

Alex: Hi Cindy.

Yumiko: You two know each other?

Cindy: Yes, he's my classmate.

Yumiko: So you want to heal him?
Cindy: Ok.

Yumiko: Then I’ll leave him to you. (went off)

Cindy: Are you ok?

Alex: Well, it hurts a little.

Cindy: Can u walk?

Alex: Slowly.

Cindy: Let's go 2 the tent.

Alex: Ok.


So, with a little help from Cindy, Alex managed to get to the tent.

Cindy: Okay, now I’ll have to look at your foot.

Alex: (Took of his shoes)

Cindy: Eeww, what a smell. Smells like salted fish.

Alex: Hey!

Cindy: Just kidding. Now, if it hurts you'll have to inform me ok?

Cindy carefully pour the medicine on Alex's ankle and start rubbing it gently.

Alex: (staring at her while she's doing it)

Cindy: Hello? Is there something wrong?

Alex: Huh? Ummm... I mean no.

Cindy: I finish here. Can you move your foot?

Alex: ( try to move his feet) I think so, but it hurts a little.

Cindy: It hurts? Then don't move it. I'll bandage it now and we'll do the rest back
in school.

After everyone who are running got to the finish line.

Headmaster: (author: some sort of boring speech that headmasters always give)
And now, for the part where everyone is waiting here are the top fifteen runners'
list. (starting from form one.........) Here are the form fives' the fifteenth runner
is...,
the 14th, the 13th, the 12th is Gillian Chung from 5A, the 11th..............and now the first and the champion of the form five girls group marathon is Charlene Choi from 5A. (big applause) For the form five boys group the 15th is ............ the 6th is Edison Chen from 5A, the 5th...... and the first and the champion of the form five boys group marathon in Shawn Yue from 5A. Well, both of the girls' and boys' champion are from 5A, what a coincidence. Our annual marathon have come to an end. Congratulations to the winners and to those who didn't win there's always next year. Thanks for participating.

Gillian: I'm graduated next year. How can I come and participant?

Edison: Haha, you had already won the 12th place. What else do you want?

Gillian: I'm just kidding. Let's go find Charlene and Shawn. I think they are taking
pictures over there.

Edison: Ok.

Gillian: Hihi, our champion.

Charlene: Hi Gillian.

Gillian: Congratulations. ( Shaking Shawn's hand)

Shawn: Thanks.

Edison: Congrats to the both of you. By the way, where's Alex and Cindy?

Charlene: Oh yeah, I haven't seen her since the start of the marathon.

Gillian: I think she is in the hall with all the St. John's members.

Edison: How about Alex?

Shawn: I heard that he sprained his ankle during the marathon.

Edison: So that means he might be with Cindy.

In the hall,

Cindy and Alex are chatting happily.

Gillian: Hey, look. (Pointing at Cindy and Alex)

Edison: They sure make a great couple.

Shawn: Yup.

Cindy: (saw them walking in and waved to them)

Charlene: Haha.

Cindy: Huh?

Edison: How are you now, Alex?

Alex: I'm fine. It's just a minor sprained.

Charlene: I see or you actually forgot about the pain because Cindy is the best
pain killer. (everyone laughs)

Cindy: Charlene!

Alex: Oh, i heard that the both of you are the champion of the marathon.
Congrats.

Shawn: Thanks.

Edison: If it's not because you had sprained your ankle I’m sure you'll be top
fifteen too.

Gillian: Maybe he's much happier that way because he get to be with Cindy
during the whole marathon.

Alex: Don't make fun of Cindy.

Shawn: Aw, he's siding Cindy already.

Cindy: Ok ok, stop this now. Let's go for lunch.

Charlene: Now that you have mentioned it. Let's go. I'm starving after that long
run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!