Sunday, February 4, 2007

Love Sky - Chapter 7

Love Sky 戀 愛 大 過 天

Chapter 7
At the restaurant,

Gillian: What do you guys want to eat?

Charlene: A set lunch will do.

Cindy: I'll go take the orders.

Gillian: It's my treat.

Cindy: you can give the money back to me later. (Moves her head towards Charlene who is not happy)

Gillian: Oh, ok. Thanks.

Gillian also had an elder sister; she is now working in Singapore. Gillian hardly gets to see her so she understands Charlene's feelings about her sister.

Gillian: What's wrong with you?

Charlene: Nothing.

Gillian: Look, I know you are not happy because just now we are siding Monica a little.

Charlene: Ha, you've admitted it.

Gillian: You know that I have a sister too.

Charlene: Of course I do. So?

Gillian: Well, she working in Singapore now and I don't get to see her often. My point is you should appreciate that your sister cares about you. My sister can't even laugh at me when my results are bad.

Charlene: What makes you think that she cares about me?

Gillian: There's no older sister who hates her younger sister. She just wants you to achieve something better.

Charlene: But this is a different case.

Gillian: No, it's the same. All of them are the same.

Charlene: Really? Ok, you win.

Gillian: Promise me that you will treat Monica as a sister?

Charlene: I won't promise but I’ll try. Don't put too much hope on that.

Cindy was holding a tray of food and saw that Gillian and Charlene are laughing. She smiled and walks towards them.

Back to school, Flora decides to test her class of the things they had learned. When she called Edison to answer her question...

Flora: Edison. Answer this one.

Edison: Ummm... (Thinking very hard)

Gillian saw that Edison doesn’t know the answer but she doesn’t know it either.

Gillian: (Kicked Cindy's chair) Cindy, what's the answer?

Cindy: It's hurricane.

Gillian quickly scribbled the word “hurricane” on a piece of paper and passes it to Edison.

Edison got the paper,

Edison: Hurricane?

Flora: Yes that’s correct. What took you so long to answer?

Edison: (smiled weakly and sat back down. Then turn to Gillian and mouthed "thank you")

Gillian smiled back.

After school,

Edison: (ran up to Gillian) Hey, Gillian!

Charlene: Your lover's calling.

Gillian: Shut up.

Edison: Thanks for the answer just now, Gil.

Gillian: It was nothing.

Cindy: Oh really? I was the one who gave the answer.

Edison: Thanks anyway. (Still looking at Gillian)

Alex: Should we just leave you guys alone?

Charlene: Yeah, we'll catch you later. (Pulled Cindy along)

Cindy: Bye. (Ran of with Charlene and Alex)

Gillian: Hey! Where are you guys going?

Edison: It's ok, let's go have lunch.

Gillian: Ok. (Whispered) They'll get it from me later.

Edison: Huh?

Gillian: Oh? Nothing.

Edison: Then, let's get going. (Took Gillian's hand)

Charlene, Cindy and Alex reached the canteen,

Alex: Wonder how are they doing now?

Charlene: Holding hands, maybe.

Cindy: What now?

Alex: I was planning having lunch with Ed.

Cindy: How about having it with us?

Alex: Umm..

Charlene: Hey, come on. We're not that bad, are we?

Alex: It's looks funny.

Cindy: Huh?

Alex: A guy going out with two girls.

Charlene: Is there a problem? We can go ourselves if you mind.

Alex: Oh no, it's ok if I go with two pretty girls.

Charlene: I don't deny that.

At the girls apartment,
Cindy and Charlene reached home first because Alex said that he have to go back after lunch. Both of them were watching TV until there was a rattling sound at the door.

Cindy: Looks like Gillian is back.

Gillian opens the door and came in.

Charlene: Back already? I mean why are you so early? Don't want to spend more time with Eddie?

Gillian: Why did you two left me with him just now?

Cindy: Because that's what you want?

Gillian: Some friends you two are, leaving a friend alone in disgracefulness.

Charlene: Really? I didn't know that's a disgrace to you.

Cindy: So, how was the lunch? (Trying to change the topic)

Gillian: It was... you know… normal.

Charlene: How normal was it? It certainly has a bit difference than having lunch with us.

Gillian: Why are you so concern? If you want to know, you should come with us and not leave me there like that!

Cindy: Ok, ok. Stop it now. Just stop asking about the lunch, okay Charlene?

Charlene: You're the one who started it.

Cindy: Ok, then I was the guilty one in the first place. Happy now?

Gillian: I'll go get a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!