Sunday, February 4, 2007

Love Sky - Chapter 10

Love Sky

Chapter 10
Cindy was back home with Gillian and Charlene pestering her about that afternoon,

Charlene: What were you two doing at his house?

Gillian: Yeah, tell us, tell us.

Cindy: He just wants me to teach him how to cook.

Gillian: That's all?

Charlene: That won't have to take the whole afternoon right?

Cindy: What else were you two thinking that I’m doing with him?

Charlene: Maybe you two just realized that you guys were in love with each other.

Cindy: Oh, come on you guys. You know I’m not suitable for love. I'm not pretty, boring, stupid and most of all not sporty.

Gillian: You're not stupid, you are always the first in class.

Charlene: Nor boring, and you're pretty too.

Cindy: Whatever. I'm just not perfect.

Charlene: You are, you are.

Cindy: I don't care. Now, will you two give me a break?

Gillian: Umm... What do you think Char?

Charlene: Well...

Cindy: It's ten already, (pointing at the clock) I'm going to bed. (Ran into her room) Good night. (Close her room door)

The next day,

Charlene: Alex, did you do anything to Cindy yesterday?

Alex: Huh?

Cindy: (pulled Charlene away) I'm sorry. She had something wrong up there.

Charlene: Hey, you're on his side already.

Cindy: No, I am not.

Charlene: Oh really?

Gillian: Will you two cut it out? Hadn't the both of you had enough yesterday?

Cindy: She started it.

Edison came rushing in,

Cindy: Hey Ed, why are you late? Watching late night movie like us?

Edison: Naah... I just accidentally pushed my alarm clock off the table and it's spoilt. So, it didn't ring this morning.

Charlene: Oh.

Gillian: The teacher is not here yet. So you're safe.

Edison: Luckily, I’m not used to be late.

Charlene: Hey! Is there some hidden meaning in there?

Edison: No, nothing.

Alex: Who's that guy? (Pointing at a student sitting at the back)

Cindy: No idea, maybe a new student.

Charlene: He's cute.

Gillian: Yeah.

Cindy: Gil, you had Eddie already. You should stop starring at him.

Edison: Hey, what do you mean by that?

Charlene: Come on Ed, it's so obvious that you and Gil are together.

Gillian: I never said that.

Edison: So do I.

Cindy: Well, it's their secret. So we should not say too much. As long as they know they are together and stay like that.

Alex: Uh-huh.

Just then, Flora comes in. After greeting her, she called the new student to the front.

Flora: Everyone, this is Shawn Yue Mun Lok. Shawn, would you like to introduce yourself to them?

Shawn: Ok. Hi, my name is Shawn Yue Mun Lok as you've heard just now. You can just call me Shawn. I like playing basketball and I’m glad to meet all of you.

Flora: Umm... won't that place you were sitting just now is a little too behind for you. Would you like to sit there? (Pointing at the empty seat behind where Charlene and Gillian are sitting)

Charlene: (Thinking) Please say yes. Please say yes.

Shawn: That's ok with me. (Took his bag and went to the empty seat and sit down)

Charlene: (Thinking) Yes!

Flora: Ok, let's start the class.

Charlene: (thinking) how can I get him to talk to me? Should I introduce myself first? How? Hi, my name is Charlene, nice to meet you. No, no. He will surely say nice to meet you back to me then there will be silence. Urgh, why am I so stupid? I can't think of anything!

Gillian: Hello... anybody home?

Charlene: Huh? What?

Gillian: You have this kind of funny look on your face so I decided to ask what's wrong?

Charlene: Well, nothing.

Shawn: Umm.. excuse me.

Gillian: Are you calling us?

Charlene: (thinking) He called, he called!

Shawn: Yes, can you please lend me your timetable of the subjects?

Gillian: Sure.

Charlene: Here, take mine. (Quickly gave him her's before Gillian can even open her pencil case.)

Shawn: Thanks and your name is...

Charlene: Charlene, Charlene Choi.

Shawn: And you?

Gillian: Gillian Chung.

Shawn: I hope we can be friends.

Charlene: Of course we can.

Shawn: Thanks.

Recess,

Charlene: (pulled Shawn over) Now, Shawn, this is Alex (pointing to Alex), this is
Edison (pointing to Edison) and this is Cindy (pointing to Cindy).

Alex, Edison and Cindy: HI.

Shawn: Nice to meet you.

Cindy: (whispered to Gillian) Looks like Char is interested with this Shawn guy.

Gillian: (whispered back) Yup. You should have seen her face when Shawn agreed to sit at the place behind us.

Cindy: How was it?

Gillian: Dreamy.

Cindy: Wonder what's she's dreaming?

Gillian: Holding hands with Shawn?

Cindy: Maybe.

Alex: What are the both of you whispering about?

Gillian: Nothing to do with you. (Cindy nudges Gillian with her elbow) Ow!

Alex: Fine. But there's one thing, is it me or is Charlene interested with Shawn?

Cindy: Not only you, we thought so too.

Gillian: Let's try to pair them up.

Alex: Sounds like fun. Count me in.

Cindy: Me too.

While Edison, Charlene and Shawn are busy talking about basketball, Cindy, Alex and Gillian are thinking of a plan to pair up Charlene and Shawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!