Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Life of Orphans - Chapter 13

The Life of Orphans

Chapter 13
Cyndi was sitting near the basketball court waiting for the guys to finish their practice.

Ray: Hello, cutie.

Cyndi ignored him.

Ray: Don't you remember me? (Sat beside Cyndi)

Cyndi move further from him.

Ray: Waiting for them? (Points at the guys) Told you not to mix with them.

Cyndi: What do you care anyway?

Zax saw what happen and nudge Sam.

Zax: Sam, look. (Facing where Cyndi is)

Sam: Let's go. (Wave at Tony and Jason and points at Cyndi)

They caught the signal and went over.

Sam: What are you doing? (Grab Ray's wrist)

Cyndi quickly stood up and stand beside them

Ray: Nothing to do with you. (Struggle to get free from Sam's grab)

Tony: You are disturbing our friend here.

Ray: Oh really. Don't you all know that Cyndi is the smartest student in her
form? What's her benefit if she mixes with all of you?
Zax: What?

Ray: Don't you all know that she was top in the whole form for the past
exams?

Cyndi: Shut up. Don't listen to him.

Ray struggled off and started cursing.

Hebe: Hey you, watch your mouth!

Ray: Hebe Tian! (Turn 2 his followers) Let's go! I'll get you all next time.

All of them: [Why is he so scared of her]

Hebe: That'll teach him. Hi, my name is Hebe Tian but you can call me Hebe.
I'm from form 5A. You all?

Cyndi: Thanks for that. I'm Cyndi, This is Sam, Tony, Zax and Jason.

Hebe: Nice to meet all of you. (Her friend called) Oh, gotta go now. Meet you
guys later. Bye.

Cyndi: Bye.

Sam and Jason: Bye.

Cyndi: Helloooo? (waving in front of Tony and Zax) Anyone home?

Tony & Zax: What?

Cyndi: She's gone already.

Zax: So?

Cyndi: So... you like her eh?

Zax: Nonsense. Let's go back and practice.

The guys went back to practice. Cyndi went back to her room.

Cyndi: (sigh) The most boring place on earth: My room! (Rolling around on her
bed)

Someone knock the door.

Cyndi: They finished their practice so soon? (opened the door) It's you?

Hebe: Why? Surprised?

Cyndi: Very. How did you know this is my room?

Hebe: Simple. Just ask. Why do you look so odd?

Cyndi: Huh? Really? Maybe it's because I never have female visitors before.

Hebe: What?! You must be kidding!

Cyndi: Do I look like I’m kidding? Umm... You've been standing there for quite
a long time, would you like to come in?

Hebe: I thought you would never ask. (Went in)

Cyndi: (closes the door) By the way, what brings you here?

Hebe: I want to know more about my new friend here.

Cyndi: Uh? Oh, ok. What would you like to know?

Hebe: Everything you can tell me.

Cyndi: That is?

Hebe: Man, you really don't have many friends, do you?

Cyndi: Apart from the guys you have met just now, you are the only one.

Hebe: You are weird but never mind. If you don't know how to start then I’ll
start. What's your full name?

Cyndi: Cyndi Wang Sin Ling. You?

Hebe: Hebe Tian Fu Zhen.

There was silence for a while.

Hebe: Umm... Let's talk about your family.

Cyndi: Huh? Why don't we talk about yours first?

Hebe: Ok. My dad is a businessman, can be considered successful. He's a
boring person, other than business, he just likes to sit around and read but he's
a great dad anyway. My mom doesn't work but sometimes she'll help my
father with his business like giving some opinions and things. I'm the only
child, so it's kind of boring because I don't have anyone else to talk to.

Cyndi: Really? I see that you have lots of friends.

Hebe: Naah, those are just normal ones, i just have this feeling that they are
my friends because that my family is rich. So, i don't really have a close
friend, one that I can really count on. Let's stop talking about this, what about
your family?

Cyndi: My family? (laughs) Those guys you saw just now are my family.

Hebe: Those are your brothers?

Cyndi: Well... can be considered are.

Hebe: What do you mean?

Cyndi: I'm an orphan.

Hebe: Uh? Sorry.

Cyndi: What's the apology for?

Hebe: Mentioning about your family. You don't really want to talk about it
right?

Cyndi: The truth is I don't really know anything about them.

Hebe: It's ok anyway. Just one more thing, are they orphans too?

Cyndi: Who?

Hebe: The guys who were with you just now?

Cyndi: Oh, them. Yup, they are. We grew up together.

Hebe: Oh, no wonder they are so protective of you.

Cyndi: There's one thing I want to ask you since just now.

Hebe: Go on.

Cyndi: Why is Ray so scared of you?

Hebe: Oh, that. Well, I happened to be his mom's favourite student. His mom
always asks me about him and I don't like lying.

Cyndi: Oh, that's why he's so scared of you. Hah, now I caught his weakness.

Hebe: I got to go now. I have something on.

Cyndi: Ok, nice knowing you.(opens the door)

Hebe: You too. Bye.

Cyndi: Bye. (closes the door) Back the boring room again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!