Monday, April 9, 2007

The Life of Orphans - Chapter 18

Some boys were practicing basketball and the five of them were watching at the side of the court,
Zax: Yes! Another one! Sam, you are going to owe me $5.
Sam: Who said so? The game hasn’t over yet.
Zax: Yeah right. The red one is leading so much now. Do you think that the blue will catch up so easily?
Sam: Why not? Anything can happen!
Cyndi: That’s right. We won't know who's the winner until the game is over.
Zax: Say whatever you like. My instinct tells me that they are going to win.
Just then a player was passing the ball to a teammate but that guy missed it so the ball flew out from the court and heading to a girl.
Tony: Look out!
Girl: What? Huh? Oh no!
Tony quickly push her a side and caught the ball. Then he threw it back to a player.
Player: Sorry!
Tony: (To the girl) Are you ok?
Girl: I'm fine. Thanks.
Tony: Anytime.
After the game,
Zax: I told you they would win.
Sam: Haha. Here your $5. You'd better not spend that because I’ll be winning it back.
Zax: You can try.
Cyndi: Tony, saw you talking to a girl just now.
Tony: We are classmates. You know her too; Zax.There's nothing going on.
Cyndi: I haven't even asked anything. Why are you so freaked out?
Tony: I am?
Zax: So there is something going on, huh?
Tony: No. Nothing is on, everything is off.
Sam: What is that "everything"?
Tony: From now on I’m zipping up my mouth. You all won't get anything from me.
Zax: Someone is feeling guilty here.
Jason: Yup.
Tony: Don't you guys have anything better to say? (Sigh)
Cyndi: Who's that anyway, Zax?
Zax: Her name is Angela.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!