Monday, April 9, 2007

The Life of Orphans - Chapter 19

After school,
Cyndi: How come you are walking alone? Where's Tony?
Zax: He's kind of down now.
Jason: Why?
Zax: He failed one of his papers.
Cyndi: Oh. Where is he?
Zax: He said he wanted to be alone now.
At Tony's side,Tony: How can I fail? I did study; I did all the revisions I need. Why did I have to be so careless on not reading the title thoroughly? A small stupid mistake made me fail the whole thing! How can I be so Stupid?! (Buried his head into his arms)
*Author: Tony is a person that really cares about his studies and wanted to be sucessful. So, failing a subject means failing everything to him. (That’s explains why his so upset)*
Tony is somewhere where hardly anyone passes by. But...
Someone tapped Tony on the shoulder.
Voice: Are you all right?
Tony: (whose head is still buried in his arms) Yes, I am. Please don't bother me.
The person said nothing and sat beside him.
Tony lifted up his head a little so that he could see who's sitting beside him. Then he saw that the person was looking at him so he quickly buried his head down again.
Voice: I know you are very upset but failing a subject is not end of the world yet.
Tony: What do you know? (Looked up)
Angela: As if I never failed before. This must be your first time then? I failed a hundred times more than you!
Tony: No way. If you failed before how can you be in 5A2?
*Author: The school stream students according to their academic performance. 5A(Hebe's Class) and 5A2 is the best class in Form five. *
Angela: I wasn't a bright girl. My results were like C's and D's everywhere. Until I reach high school, a friend taught me how to study and revise smartly instead of trying hard to remember everything by heart. Then, I started to achieve B's and slowly to A's.
Tony: Ni hao you heng xin.
Angela: Thanks. (Blushed a little) So, how are you feeling now?
Tony: A little better. Thanks to you.
Angela: (blushed even more) Me? I didn't do anything.
Tony: We were same class for almost a year but it's seems like I just know you or something.
Angela: Really? It's not too late yet. I don't really know a lot about you either.
Tony: So... Funny situation. We know each other for almost a year but we just get to know each other.
Angela: Since I told you my story. Why don't you tell me yours?
Tony: Me? I don't really have a story to tell. I am an orphan, I guess you knew that. There were five of us, Zax, Sam, Jason and Cyndi. You know Zax right?
Angela: Yup, I know him.
Tony: All of us grew up together. We are closer than our families.
Angela: Don't you miss your parents of family?
Tony: Not really. I was sent to the orphanage since I was very little. I don't really remember my family or how do they look like.
Angela: Oh. Well, I...
Tony: Feel that you were very lucky to have a family?
Angela: Yes! How did you know?
Tony: (smiles) I just know. But there's one thing you don't know.
Angela: What?
Tony: I'm happy with or without a family. If it's not I was an orphan, I won't get to know Zax,Sam, Jason and Cyndi. And I might won't even get to know you. I think I’m much luckier not having a family because I don't have to please anyone else but myself. Some students get good grades to pleased their parents but I do that for myself. I don't have anyone to stop me from doing anything. I have my freedom all up to myself.
Angela: (Quite shock of hearing those words) It seems like you are a nice person from inside.
Tony: What do you mean?
Angela: Well, if someone has his or her freedom all to themselves they might misuse it.
Tony: Oh, I get what you mean. I don't deny that I’m a nice guy.
Angela: Yeah right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!