Monday, April 9, 2007

The Life of Orphans - Chapter 25

When Zax's dad is out from the hospital.
Back at their house,
Zax: Dad, this is my girlfriend, Cyndi Wang.
Cyndi: Hi, uncle. You can call me Cyndi.
ZD: Oh, nice to meet you. Looks like my son didn't disappoint me. You really are pretty.
Cyndi: (blushed) Hehe, thanks.
Zax: She's not only pretty but smart too. She's the top of her whole form.
ZD: Really. Then you must treat her better, son.
Cyndi looked at Zax surprisingly. Zax never praised her before or even said anything good about her, they quarrel all the time.
Cyndi: [Looks like he's really serious in this daddy business]
ZD: Cyndi, since you are here. Why don't you stay for dinner?
Cyndi: Huh? (Whisper to Zax) I need to be back before 9.30.
Zax: (whisper back) I'll make sure you get back before that.
Cyndi: (nod) Ok then.
ZD: Good. So, should we go out and eat or we should stay at home?
Zax: It's up to you, dad.
ZD: Cyndi, what do you think?
Cyndi: Anything will do.
ZD: I can't make up my mind. I'm so happy that Renfu have a girlfriend. (Smiled at them)
Zax and Cyndi returned a weak smile.
At last they all went out for dinner.
ZD: So Cyndi, You know Renfu since you two were kids?
Cyndi: Yes.
ZD: Did he create any trouble for you?
Cyndi: Uh? (Zax gave a pleading look)
Zax: [Please don't say anything bad. I want to give my dad a good impression.]
Cyndi: Err... Nope.
Zax: (relieved)
Cyndi: He's a nice person.
Zax gave a thank-you look.
After dinner,
ZD: Renfu, you can send Cyndi home. Gem and I will go back ourselves.
Zax: Ok.
ZD: You have the keys right?
Zax: Umm.. (Check his pockets) Yup.
ZD: Ok then. Bye.
Zax and Cyndi: Bye.
After they left,
Cyndi: Your stepmother sure is quiet today.
Zax: Of course she is. You're the main topic today and I don't think she can find anything to pick on you.
Cyndi: Really? You've changed.
Zax: Did I?
Cyndi: Yup, you were never so kind to me.
Zax: Well, you are my "girlfriend".
Cyndi: Speaking about girlfriends. When are you going to find a real one?
Zax: You're not bad.
Cyndi: Don't joke around.
Cyndi was opening her room door when...
Tony: There you are. Boy, we were worried.
Cyndi: Why?
Sam: Miss Wang, why did you go out not informing us? We thought you were lost or something.
Cyndi: Sorry then. I went out with ... [Zax told me not to spill a word] myself.
Tony: It's ok now that you're back. Don't do that anymore, ok?
Cyndi: Ok, ok. Stop nagging.
The guys leave Cyndi's room,
Tony: Sam, don't you think that shouldn't have been that harsh on Cyndi.
Sam: Was i? But she should have told us that she was going out or anything.
Tony: Cyndi's old enough now to do what she wants to do.
Sam: What if something bad happen to her? Someone like Ray out there?
Tony: Cyndi is able to take care of herself now. She's not the little girl who cries everyday in the orphanage anymore.
Sam: Maybe she is. She really had grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!