Monday, April 9, 2007

The Life of Orphans - Chapter 24

Back in Zax's room,
Zax: I'm doomed! Where can I find a girlfriend in such a short time? Who will want to be my girlfriend? I was never serious on finding one. Who do I know? Cyndi? Will she help? Hebe? Will she mind? Who should I ask first? I think I better ask Cyndi first; she's closer to me anyway. How should I ask? Another problem! AHH!
A few seconds later,
Zax: Hmm... funny. No one yelled at me. I guess she went out. (Holding his Hp) How should I say this? Cyndi, can you be my girlfriend for a few months? No way. This won't work. Should I blurt everything to her and tell her not to tell anyone? Why should I not tell anyone? I just don't want them to know. (Flipping his Hp cover) Should I call or not?
A few minutes later,
Zax: Hello? Cyndi?
Cyndi: Yes?
Zax: This is Zax.
Cyndi: Oh, hi Zax. How's life.
Zax: Fine. I need your help. Are you free now?
Cyndi: Yes.
Zax: Ok. We'll meet at xxx restaurant in half an hour.
Cyndi: Ok.
Zax: Wait!
Cyndi: What?
Zax: Don't tell anyone I called.
Cyndi: Why?
Zax: I'll tell you later.
Cyndi (puzzled) Ok.
Zax: See you then.
Cyndi: Bye. (Press the hang-up button) Weird. I was just going to spread the news that he called.
At xxx restaurant,
Cyndi: Am I late? (As she pulls the chair out and sat down)
Zax: Nope. Just in time. I don't mind anyway.
Cyndi: So what's your problem?
Zax: Can you be my girlfriend? [What am I saying?! I'm not supposed to be so straightforward!]
Cyndi: (kind of shocked) I beg your pardon?
Zax: Well, it's like this. (Paused) My dad is suffering from cancer and he hasn't got much time now. He said he might not be able to see my wedding but he hope to see my girlfriend. And i guess you know pretty well that I don't have one but I lied to him that I have one since that's the only thing I can do.
Cyndi: So you want me to be your girlfriend and meet your father?
Zax: You mind?
Cyndi: Of course I do ......... not!
Zax: Really?
Cyndi: It's not real right? I don't mind then.
Zax: Thanks!
Cyndi: We are friend since we were kids. How can I not help you?
Zax: But there's one thing. Can you don't tell anyone about this?
Cyndi: Why?
Zax: I just don't want anyone to know that my dad is sick.
Cyndi: Not even Tony, Sam and Jason?
Zax: Yes.
Cyndi: Ok then. So how's life?
Zax: Boring and with that woman yelling at me every time I do something. She always have something to say on whatever I do.
They chatted along...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!