Monday, April 9, 2007

The Life of Orphans - Chapter 20

The week before the school holidays (The long term break),
Zax: Wonder how our little "genius" did in her exams?
Cyndi: It's none of your business. You usually don't care about my results.
Sam: It's because we now know that you are not hiding your results because that they are poor.
Cyndi: (whispered to Sam) Someone failed a paper here. Stop talking about results.
Sam: Oh yeah. (Suddenly realized that and took a glimpse at Tony)
Tony: Huh? Talking about me? I'm fine. Don't worry.
Zax: Nobody is talking about you.
Tony: Nevermind. (Suddenly remembers something and walks away with his hand phone in his hand)
Cyndi: You upset him!
Zax: What did I do?
Cyndi: You are acting innocent again.
Jason: Here we go again.
Zax: Jason! (As if he just noticed him) You are here?!
Cyndi: He's always here and don't try to change to topic.
Sam: Come on, the two of you stop quarreling for once?
Cyndi: He started it.
Zax: Who started it?
Cyndi: You!
Zax: But...
Tony came running back.
Tony: Hey, guess what?
Sam: What?
Tony: I still get my old job back.
Zax: So?
Tony: Are you guys forgetting that the school holidays are near?
Zax: Oh yeah, I almost forgot.
Sam: That reminds me, I should remain my old job too and maybe find a permanent one.
Cyndi: Aren't you going to further your studies?
Sam: Naah, I'm not really good at studies. My goal is always as long as I don't fail a paper I’m happy enough. So I don't think I want to continue.
Hebe: Hi!
Cyndi: Hi!
Hebe: Planning about the holidays?
Sam: Uh-huh. What about you? Anything on during the holidays?
Hebe: I'm not sure yet. I'll have to discuss with my parents first.
Zax: That's means you're going back home?
Hebe: Yup. How about all of you? Don't you guys have to go back to the orphanage?
Cyndi: Naah, we are already "graduated" from there. We hardly go back now.
Tony: We go back there just for visits.
Hebe: Oh, I see. Then you all stay at school for the whole holidays?
Jason: We have part time jobs.
Hebe: Wow! You guys work?
Sam: is that very surprising?
Hebe: Not really. Catch you later; I’m off to see a teacher.
Tony: Ok. Bye.
After Hebe left,
Sam: We'll have to call to confirm that we remain our old job.
Jason: I agree. (Took out his hand phone)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!