Monday, April 9, 2007

The Life of Orphans - Chapter 21

Jason: Are you guys going to continue the old job during the holidays?
Zax: Of course we are continuing.
Tony: Back to the old job.
Sam: (sigh)
Tony: What are you sighing for? You got the best job here!
Zax: That's right. You get to work in a sports' equipment shop. You get to be "air-conditioned".
Jason: You get to enjoy the whole day.
Sam: (thinking hard for words) Your jobs are not bad.
Zax: But if compared to yours, it's really a hard one. I have to send take-aways, have to suffer from the hot sun.
Teacher: You are Zax Wang Ren Fu, right?
Zax: Yes?
Teacher: Come with me.
Cyndi: Did something you are not supposed to?
Zax: No way.
Zax followed teacher over.
Teacher: Don't worry. There's just someone who want to meet you.
Zax: Oh. (Relieved)
The Office,
Teacher: There they are.
Zax: Ok. (There were two people back facing him)
Man: Zax!
Zax: Uh? Do i know you?
Man: How could you not know me?
Zax: (Staring at that guy, thinking hard) Dad?
Man: You remember!
Woman: So nice that we found you.
Zax: You! You are still here!
Woman: What do you mean I’m still here? I'm always here and I miss you very much.
Zax: (mutters) Yeah right.
Man: Let's go.
Zax: Go where?
Man: Back home. Where else?
Zax: Do I have to?
Man: Of course. It's your home where you grew up.
Zax: (mutters) for your information, I grew up in the orphanage.
Man: Huh?
Zax: nothing. I enjoy staying here. I don't want to go home.
Woman: But that's your home, you must go back.
Zax: Excuse me; I’m not talking to you.
Woman: (glares at him)
Man: Zax, don't you want to live with your family again?
Zax: (mutters) as if I have one.
Man: Just come home for a week?
Zax: ummm... just a week right? If that's so. I’ll go.
Man: Good. We'll pick you up tomorrow.
Zax: So soon!?
Man: Yup. See you tomorrow.
Zax went back to the group.
Sam noticed his gloomy face.
Sam: What's wrong?
Cyndi: Got into trouble. What else?
Zax: I rather am in trouble than this.
Tony: Why?
Zax: They want me to go back.
Jason: Go back where? the orphanage?
Cyndi: they are expelling you? What did you do?
Zax: No. I'm going back to my home.
Sam: Your home?
Tony: We are orphans! We don't have homes.
Cyndi: You mean you are adopted? (Starting to be concerned)
Zax: No, no. My parents came and they are taking me back.
Jason: Isn't that supposed to be good?
Zax: No, that's not good.
Sam: Why?
Zax: I don't feel like talking anymore.
Sam: Ok. Let's go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!