Monday, April 16, 2007

The Life of Orphans - Chapter 26

Cyndi continue being Zax's "girlfriend" and a permanent visitor to his house.
Zax: Dad, Cyndi and I are going out.
ZD: Ok, we're expecting you two to come home for dinner.
Zax: We will. (Opens the door and went out)
Cyndi: So now, where are we going?
Zax: I don't know yet.
Cyndi: Then why did you say that we were going out?
Zax: Can you see dad's face? He's like wanting us to get married or something.
Cyndi: Hehe, I sensed that too.
Zax: Let's just walk around first?
Cyndi: Ok. but first can you let go your hand? We're out of the house already.
Zax: Heh. (Let go) Sorry.
Cyndi: Are you sure you don't want to tell them what is happening?
Zax: Who?
Cyndi: Tony, Sam and Jason.
Zax: Oh, I don't feel like telling them. I'll tell them when I’m ready.
Cyndi: But I always don't know what to say to them when they asked me about where have I been and who am I with.
Zax: Just say that you found yourself a boyfriend.
Cyndi: Crazy! You and your lame ideas.
Zax: What lame? I'm helping you, you know?
Cyndi: Hah! Who's helping whom?
Zax: Me helping you, of course!
Cyndi: look who's talking?
Zax: Zax Wang Ren Fu. Who else?
Cyndi: Wait!
Zax: What? Haha, you never beat me in quarrels.
Cyndi: Who said so? Look there!
Zax: Tony! What is he doing here?
Cyndi: Doing his job, of course. Sending take-aways, dumbo.
Zax: Oh no, we must not let him see us.
Cyndi: Then why are you still standing here? Let's hide somewhere! Sigh... Hard communicating with Dumbo here.
Zax: Whom are you calling Dumbo?
Cyndi: You! Who else?
Zax: You...
Tony: Hi, Zax. Long time no see.
Zax: Ah! Umm... Hi. (Turn around for Cyndi but she's no where to be seen)
Tony: Why didn't you come back and visit us? Forgotten us already?
Zax: Of course not. I was thinking of going over but ...
Tony: Busy? Nevermind. You can drop in anytime. I'm late now. See you!
Zax: ok, see you.
Cyndi: That was close.
Zax: Where have you been?
Cyndi: Hiding, Dumbo. You want us to get caught?
Zax:Of course not and can you stop calling me Dumbo?
Cyndi: Nope, because you really are Dumbo just that you can't fly.
Zax: You! (Chase her)
They didn't notice that Tony was just around the corner and saw everything.
Tony: Fancy hiding it from us. You are facing trouble tonight, Cyndi Wang. Haha, wonder what will Sam's reaction be?
-----------------------------------------------
ZD: Renfu, let's go to the restaurant you used to work for dinner?Zax: What?
ZD: The restaurant you used to work?
Zax: I know. but why there? I know lots of other restaurants.
Cyndi: Why can't we... (Suddenly remember that Jason is still working there) Yeah, there are lots of other nice restaurants everywhere.
ZD: But I want to see the place that you have been working for the past few years.
Zax: (Finds it hard to disappoint his dad) Ok.
Cyndi: (stared at him surprisingly) Ok?
Zax: Yup, get ready we are going there at seven sharp.
Cyndi: Are you serious?
Zax: Let's just hope that Jason's in the day shift.
Cyndi: But he usually worked the whole day.
Zax: Maybe he won't without me.
Cyndi: yeah right, as if you are so important. I don't understand why you don't want to tell them this? They are your friends and friends are supposed to share problems.
Zax: I just want to make this whole thing look real.
Cyndi: How do you suppose to do that? It's already a fake!
Zax: Lower your voice!
Cyndi: Oooppps... =P Sorry. Why should I care anyway? You'll just have to blurt everything out when they find out.
Later,
ZD: What's wrong with the two of you? One in sunglasses and a hat and one with sunglasses and a cap.
Cyndi and Zax looked at each other and try hard not to laugh.
ZD: Are you two that famous in that restaurant?
Zax: I thought you said you wouldn't care if they find out of not.
Cyndi: I'm always considerate. You better remember this one.
Zax: Haha. Does that mean I have to say thanks?
Cyndi: Of course, what else should you say?
Zax: That I won't thank you.
Cyndi: Dumbo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!