Monday, April 9, 2007

The Life of Orphans - Chapter 22

Cyndi saw Zax sitting alone later that day.
Cyndi: Hi.
Zax: Oh, hullo.
Cyndi: You look gloomy. Want to spill it out?
Zax: ...
Cyndi: If you don't want to it's ok.
Sam always told her if people don't want to talk about their problems just let them be. Cyndi always listens to Sam.
Zax: Ok, I’ll tell. I came to the orphanage because... I don't know how to explain.
Cyndi: It's ok. I have time.
Zax: You do but I don't. (Took a deep breath) Ok, I’m the only child in my family. My mom died because of cancer, which happened when I was 2. Then, my dad re-married to another woman. Well, I don't really like that woman but that woman hates me. She always think that it was me who made my dad misses my mom and neglecting her sometimes. When me dad is not around, she will beat me and do anything that made me suffer. Until one time my dad was going outstation for a few weeks, she took me to the orphanage and left me there. You all know that I was mischievous that time, it's because I don't want to be bullied. I thought if I started the whole thing first everyone will be scared of me and won't harm me. If it were not for you guys, I wouldn't know the feeling of having a family again.
Cyndi: So you don't want to go back?
Zax: I never thought of going back. I forgot all about my family. I much much happier at the orphanage with all of you.
Cyndi: if you didn't want to go back. Why don't you say so? They can't force you to go back if you refused.
Zax: I don't know. I don't know why I said yes. I don't hate my dad but why didn't he come looking for me since he knew I wasn't home?
Cyndi: Maybe he did but you didn't know.
Zax: I don't know what to do now. I must go back tomorrow and no turning back.
Tony: You can just go back. Feel free to come visit us sometimes.
Zax: When were you here? (Saw the others standing behind him) When were all of you here?
Sam: Since Cyndi was here. We heard everything. Sorry.
Zax: What the apology for? If I told Cyndi that means I meant to tell all of you, now I can save my energy to repeat the whole thing again.
None of them could laugh; they just gave a weak smile in return.
Zax: Why? I'm just going back. I'm not going to die, right?
Jason: But you sound like you don't really want to go.
Zax: Or is it you guys who don't want me to go?
Tony: Well, it won't be the same without you.
Zax: Nothing will change. I have to pack up now. See you guys soon. (Ran off)
Cyndi: He is unhappy but he still can afford to tell jokes.
Sam: let's just hope that he'll be happy back home.
Jason: Well, I’m not meaning to be mean or anything. Didn't he say that his stepmother hated him?
Tony: Yeah, he did say that.
Sam: I think Zax is strong enough to fight back.
The next day, Zax parents were here to pick him up.
Zax: I really don't know what to say...
Tony: What else? Good bye!
Zax: I don't feel like saying it.
Sam: Come on, Zax. It's not that you are leaving forever. You'll just go for a week and if it doesn’t suites you, you can always come back.
Cyndi: Yup, we'll always be here to welcome you.
Zax: Thanks. (Eyes watered)
Jason: Aw... Save your tears. The fearless Zax is going to cry.
Zax: What? (Rubbing his eyes) Just some sand got into my eyes..
Cyndi: Look who's here?
Hebe: (Gasping for air) I'm not late, am I?
Cyndi: Don't worry, he's still here.
Zax: Hebe? How did you know?
Hebe: Cyndi told me.
Cyndi: I thought you would like to see her if you go.
Hebe: I’m just here to say goodbye.
Zax: Thanks for rushing back for me.
Hebe: No sweat. That's what friends for, right?
Tony: No sweat? You are sweating from head to toe.
Hebe: Am I? (Wipe of her sweat with her hands) Hehe.
Jason: (handed her a packet of tissue) Here.
Hebe: Thanks. (Blushed a little)
Zax: I guess I’d better be get going.
Sam: Ok, we all hope you enjoy there.
Zax: (mutters) I hope so myself.
Tony: You were saying?
Zax: Nothing. Bye.
Everybody: Bye.
Zax got into his dad's car and left.
Tony: There he goes.
Sam: Let's go.
And all of them went back to their rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Really appreciate that!